Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Celestine ( Deans Marine )  (Read 59564 times)

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
Re: celestine
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 11:08:06 pm »

hi all .
yep martin overkill is the best way.
Hama thank you for comments at least the ram look good i was not sure of the results when i started it was one of those see how go jobs . Who have know about those actuators do you have any photos of your actuators on the boat you work on would be intresting to see.

Oh well after a hard day of modeling the bow + on side is done on strenthening  beams. Have just started to put the foam in this hope full will serve 2 jobs. 1 strength and 2 flotation if the worst should happen. When is set i will trim it back.

john

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 05:37:55 pm »

hi all well the foam been trimmed back. Very pleased with the results . Its added strength and floation .

john

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 09:07:52 pm »

since i had good results with the foam i have carried on . Got the other side of the boat strengthened . on the bow i have added the tubes the anchor chains will run in then add foam. when set trimmed back care fully and how have a very strong bow and no room for water to get in. Have started on the next bulk head.
Got this RC tuck off ebay with the idea to drive it on and off but the truck crap so will have to have a rethink.

john

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 06:44:46 pm »

hi all been doing a bit more while i am off work with this cold.
1 put in froward card deck / void , filled with foam then trimmed and add a wooden deck.
2 made the rear battery trays
3 put a limit stop on the actuator.
4 went to install the actuator and realized my plan would not work so had to have a rethink. Came up with a new plan and will test on Sunday.
5 did a float test and found that one of the bow thruster has developed a leak  >>:-( >>:-(. As you can see there is no room down there now so not to sure how i am going to fix that one . might try smearing some black silicone  around the joints in the thruster.

john

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 08:07:17 pm »

hi all / actuator went in on th new plan and works a treat. Great to see the door come down now and then drive a truck off.
I have put in the cross beams that now hold the hull very firm no flex what so ever. The larger 3 gaps are were access points will be. There is still beams to run thee length o the ship put the cant be put in until the inside is done
I have build the mid 2 water boxes and filmed with foam.
I have put up wood paneling on the inside of the hull only one side done.
I have started to paint the inside of the hull white.
I Notice the rear deck was wrong so had to rip it out. Have started to put in new supports as you can see the slope down to give the necessary high clearance for the lorry trailer

john

hama

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 10:04:44 am »

Hi john!
Just wanted to show the actuators on the boat I work on. In each metal box there are two actuators, one to manoeuvre the gearbox, the other to control engine revolutions. ( there are 4 engines ) My experience of the actuators is that they almost last for ever, we have very little problems with them considering that we have about 80-100 stops/maneuvers a day so I think your ramp will work just fine for eternity. I didn't open the box for you as you already know what the actuator looks like. Very interesting to follow your excellent build here, cant wait till the next update.
Hama

crzydoyle11

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008, 02:34:36 pm »

WOW!! now that is a mighty build..  I have to say you are doing a wonderfully job. Please keep us updated with your great and mighty build, because would love to see her when she is done.  :-))  :-)) PS. just love what you are doing there. and where did you find this ship at? Again great job man hope to her when you are done.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2008, 01:30:31 am »

Hi all. Hama thanks for the photo . It interesting to see that a part that is used in a real boat is all so used in a model boat .  Doing a bit more on her tomorrow as i have bits gluing over night so should have updates soon.
AS were she came from . Well i got her from ebay for a good price. She is available from deans marine. She is one of the biggest kits the do. see link.

john

http://www.deansmarine.co.uk/html/merchant_8.html

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2008, 03:51:22 pm »

hi all merry christmass . Here the up date.
1. the supports are in for the rear car deck
2. the new deck are in , had to work out were the access points are.
3. Put  in the new ramp from the lower car deck to the middel car deck. Not the new ramp is twice  as long as the old one.
4. Been smoothing out the sides out ready to receive the detail.
5. steering servo is in.

john

dan

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2008, 05:05:03 pm »

fantastic  :-))  keep the pics comming

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2008, 05:31:56 pm »

thank you  will keep photos coming as when they happen.

john

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2009, 12:10:12 am »

Hi all not much.
painted the lower car deck and ramp.
Made the hand rail for the rear ramp.
Got the lane lines done

Next to do is to glue in the deck above and start detailing.

john

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 11:11:47 pm »

Hi all. How I have got the mid car deck in and glued. I have started to detail the sides of the ship. Very slow work but rewarding . I have decided on lights so have put in 6 1.5mm LED white on the lower car deck/ramp.I have not turned my attention to the rear gantry . I have made the basic shape and now I have to detail it.

John

hama

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2009, 03:41:06 pm »

Nice!!   :-))

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2009, 10:38:13 pm »

Thanks Hama

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2009, 09:28:16 pm »

Hi all
Well got the other side detailed .Got some paint on the decks and the lane marked out ,so she now starting to take shape slowly. Got the number 3 deck done waiting to go in the led are on it to light up number 2 deck. Have just got hold of 59 5mm white led off ebay for peanuts . These will be defused via 10mm by 20 mm perspex strip to break uk the spot effect of these leds.

John

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2009, 11:05:19 pm »

will the RC truck fit under the 4m height barrier of the ferry?
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2009, 03:05:29 am »

The decks and trucks are looking good together...
Is one of the Trucks RC?  Now I am interested in seeing
your dock and loading bridge...  ok2

:}

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2009, 08:05:22 am »

Hi there.

Ghost hi there not sure what you mean by the 4 m height barrier. I have a Revell 1:87 RC truck and have used that has a height gauge. On 2 Deck I had to increase the height by 2mm so she had clearance so hopefully all will work. I am waiting on the Kyosho 1:80 RC truck from H.L.J in Japan .

Umi hi there thank you for the complements . Yes there will be one RC truck hopefully if I can get hold of one As the Revell Rc truck is no good. As for the dock there is no design yet but most probably will make some thing like the dock at Purfleet were the real ship docks. Purfleet is just by the M25 were it crosses the river Thames in east London.

John

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2009, 09:49:13 am »

That will be a tough landing to build... and you will need a
second boat for the opposite side of the loading dock.  %)
Purfleet ferry dock... no street view for that area...  {:-{

What truck did you find?
All I could get a hold of was the Hino.
http://www.hlj.com/product/KSH66084-40
The rest were out of production or discontinued..
I would have preferred a 27 mhz, as the range is
usually better.

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2009, 12:47:40 pm »

europe has a hight limit of 4m in most places, and the herpa trucks model out to be hauling trailers 2.5m wide x 13.6m (or 12m for the shorter sea-can hauling trailers) x 4.0m high. 
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

Roberto To

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2009, 01:35:27 pm »

That will be a tough landing to build... and you will need a
second boat for the opposite side of the loading dock.  %)
Purfleet ferry dock... no street view for that area...  {:-{

in that area there is the Celestine or her sister ship...

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2009, 06:35:03 pm »

Hi Umi I have ordered a Isuzu Gigam as it has a 40 foot ISO container on its trailer and it is on 49mhz. I am going for 49mhz as I wont get interference from 27mhz or 40 mhz. Range I am not to worried about, 5 to 10 meters will be fine. http://www.hlj.com/product/KSH69286S
I am only going to do a dock for one ferry but it will have to be able to take Finnjet if she ever get built. I am thinking of a floating pontoon linked via a bridge to the shore ,so regardless of water level the dock will be at the wright height.

Hi ghost remember Celestine is a freight only ferry so she can take more height than your Dover/Calais ferry's. I know the truck wont be correct but that all there is so will have to do.

Hi Roberto  there is only going to be one Cobelfret ferries in my dock .I don't thing i could do another one.

John

Pointy

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2009, 07:24:25 pm »

Wow  :o!

What a fantastic and brave refurb, one of my favourite threads on this forum!

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2009, 05:17:33 pm »

Hi Pointy . Brave some time I think why did I ever start this but I will get there one day. Anyway Thank you for the complements.

John
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.