Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: MAKARA CLUB  (Read 276995 times)

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
Re: MAKARA CLUB
« Reply #275 on: February 29, 2008, 07:10:46 pm »

not sure?

Not heard from the others for a while?

I thought Phil was a member?
Rubbin is Racin!

Blagmeister

« Reply #276 on: February 29, 2008, 10:18:51 pm »

Well so far July 20th looks favourite but I have only heard from a couple of you guys. If you want me to go ahead and pop the question to the KWPMBC I can certainly do that with pleasure. Lemme know.

Phil

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2008, 09:33:46 am »

Still YES to the 20th july For the Mad Makara big day out. {-) {-) {-) O0 O0 O0 :)
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2008, 05:48:56 pm »

Hello
Is there any on out there has a 1/4 scale servo for sale?? If yes email me with how much you are looking for. If not it will be a trip down to Hobby Store.
Bill
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #279 on: March 08, 2008, 05:28:50 pm »

How's the new top comming along Phil :) :) :) :)
Wher Have al the MAD MAKARA Members gone too???? {-) {-) {-) {-)

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #280 on: March 08, 2008, 06:45:05 pm »

Bill,

As you said in your other post. Mad working on the boats trying to get them ready for next weekend.

I had a late night screwing everything together and we have been out today, Damon and Tony. Damons boat is back on the water although he blew another exhaust, my problems have been ironed out with the flexi etc, apart from now i have radio glitching. Bloody boats. Tony is running well.

Looking forward to a bit of racing next Sunday.

BW

Simon
Rubbin is Racin!

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #281 on: March 08, 2008, 07:05:28 pm »

Hi Simon
Been out with the FG and filler this week. The rudder went up when it hit something in the water at WGC on weds . Lost control and it hit the brick work. Front and rear damage but its all repaired now.
Phil came down to Stevenage last Sunday. Good looking boat. It was riding a big high in the front so a little weight was added which seem to do the trick. Pity he then lost the lid. No buoyancy fitted.  ::)

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #282 on: March 08, 2008, 07:16:31 pm »

Bill,

Pm me your number, i will give you a ring?
Rubbin is Racin!

Blagmeister

« Reply #283 on: March 09, 2008, 09:05:22 am »

Hi Bill. New lid arrived the other day. I am waiting for some s/steel rod to arrive to glass in to the leading edge rather than using the brackets that I used before to secure it and I will be getting some motorbike fairing clips for the back end of the hatch. I don't think the 50mm bolt was secure enough and it must have vibrated open which caused the lid to pop off.

I have also had to find some new louvres so they won't be ready until Wednesday or so, so the last few days of next week will be a mad dash to get it painted and ready for next Sunday.  Looks like testing this week will have to be done without the lid :S Fingers crossed....

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #284 on: March 09, 2008, 01:49:32 pm »

Hi Phil
No sign of your lid yet. We are keeping a look out for it. Take a look at my last posting to see what happened to engine this morn.
I wasn't planning to be at Eastbourne next week which as it turns out is just as well. Trying to get a whole new engine from Bluefishy now. Look like a trip out to see him.
Bill. peed off, feed up Skint.  :(

bigtee

« Reply #285 on: March 09, 2008, 03:14:35 pm »

bill give me a ring as i can help you out with an engine

tony

Blagmeister

« Reply #286 on: March 09, 2008, 03:46:02 pm »

Hi Bill just got back from work to see your post and the engine damage. Unlucky that, Bill. Maybe your shunt the other day did more damage than you realised? It's a real shame about the engine as your boat was flying last weekend and looked all ready to go for the start of the season.

I am sure Big Tony will be able to help you out with a proper new block but just in case you hadn't seen it already, as a backup Tony Gilder has a Zen 260 which might be worth a look at as as standby unit.
 http://www.omra-uk.org/for_sale.htm
If I had the readies I'd bag it just in case my block develops any problems!
Hope you manage to get something sorted soon.
Thanks for keeping a weather eye out for my lid!  Hopefully this next one won't come off!!!!
Cheers
Phil

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #287 on: March 09, 2008, 05:04:03 pm »

Hi Tony
I have bit the bullet and been to see Bluefishy. Got a Sikk . Now all I have to do is fit it and run it in.
Thanks anyway. I was thinking about changing it anyway but at the end off the year. Still Fate!!!
May well be after Exhaust bits as I think the MHZ/G pipe may be a bit to heavy hanging on the head. any Ideas

bigtee

« Reply #288 on: March 09, 2008, 05:58:42 pm »

hi bill , no problem on the engine , have one to lend you if you did not get one from barry

do you want to sell whats left ? always looking for spares  ;)

tony 

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #289 on: March 09, 2008, 07:02:43 pm »

HI Tony
Yes To selling the old lump. Also have a brand new Carb Walbro  WT771. Im fitting my 257 carb.
I am still looking for a better EX header and 90 bend. May well be willing to swop engine ect.

bigtee

« Reply #290 on: March 09, 2008, 09:11:01 pm »

bill sounds good i will dig out all the headers i have and you can have a look to see if there is any on that will fit your requirements

hi blagmeister , your boats comming on good looking forward to seeing you sunday

bigtee  /  tony gilder the same dude  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tony

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #291 on: March 09, 2008, 09:55:13 pm »

Glad you got sorted Bill id ditch that heavy pipe maybe that had something to do with the motor failure?,Tony how olds the motor? how much use has it had mate.Not sure i can afford it right now but ill be needing one for the new hydro im going to build if you still have it come summer  {-).ill be doing mine as a scale version of this one hopefully.

bigtee

« Reply #292 on: March 10, 2008, 07:27:56 pm »

mart  don't know much about the engine ,it came from one of the club members when the club closed down  :'(

looks OK plenty of compression and i have run it in the hull it was in , comes with pipe and header carb ect

looked at your lastest vid , now thats proper offshore racing  :D  if thats the water conditions you get then you will have to hold a race up there  O0

tony

ps still in the mmc , just but have new hull for the twins and 35  ::)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #293 on: March 10, 2008, 10:23:22 pm »

Just my luck mate no funds for it right now,glad you liked the vid  ;) as for holding a race well i doubt that will happen its a yacht club mainly  ::) and they race every Sunday starting end of this month so we will probably start using the other lake on a  Sunday but Saturdays we can use that one as they dont run Saturdays.What new hulls you got mate care to enlighten me or is it a secret  ;),if i come into some money in the next day or so ill be in touch about the motor  O0.
Mart

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #294 on: March 13, 2008, 04:47:08 pm »

The New engine has had it's 1st run today. (very slowly) I like it. Should have fitted a new lump when I 1st built my Makara back in Dec.
Oh well you live and learn.
WHEN IS THE "MAD MAKARA BIG DAY OUT??????? ;D

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #295 on: March 13, 2008, 07:03:30 pm »

Bill,

Got my new paint job done today.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet {-)
Rubbin is Racin!

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #296 on: March 13, 2008, 07:08:41 pm »

Hi Simon
On which boat?

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #297 on: March 13, 2008, 07:12:48 pm »

The Makara
Rubbin is Racin!

Blagmeister

« Reply #298 on: March 17, 2008, 10:44:25 pm »

Still awaiting a reply from KWPMBC about the Mad Makara Day Out.  I will let everyone know as soon as I hear anything.

Incidentally, as well as getting together to have a bit of an informal thrash, should we make this a bit of a social event too?  Family members along for the ride? Get a barbie or something going?  I know KWPMBC do an annual barbie at least once a year on the Evening Sail event, they might allow us to do the same if we ask nicely and providing it doesn't breach Park Rules. 

Pre-empting a positive response from the club, we might like to think about what we are going to do on the day other than just chucking the boats in and going for it! Suggestions please and if all goes well, I'll be happy to organise it.

Cheers [mine's a pint!]

Phil

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #299 on: March 18, 2008, 07:31:37 am »

Phil,

Sounds like a dam good idea, familly and food and the park. Plenty for all to do.

Tony has agreed to act as a safety boat for a rolling start so we can have a race or two.

Is it not what we usually do down the lake but with more Makara's.

Remember Paul has offered a shield of some descript?

BW

Simon
Rubbin is Racin!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.