Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice re 2.4 gig receivers  (Read 1876 times)

Billyruffian

Advice re 2.4 gig receivers
« on: January 21, 2008, 10:28:58 am »

I have the Futaba 6EXA 2.4 gig.

With the usual 40mhz receivers, the aerial I believe runs just beneath the deck and re-appears somewhere near the stern.  My question is, as this receiver only has 2 aeriel wires - approx 3.5" long - which should be positioned at 90 degrees to one another, do they still have to find their way above deck?

Thanks for any help.

rcfred

Re: Advice re 2.4 gig receivers
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 01:14:15 pm »

I have been using the Futaba set in my boats for over six months and have had no problems in either my power boats or Laser yacht. I tape the receiver just under the deck with the aerials along and across the hull. Keep them as high as possible and definitely above the waterline. Also, away from servos and other metal objects. The aerial is, in fact, just the last 30mm of bare wire with the rest a screened lead. As an added precaution set the fail safe to suit your boat.

My only complaint is the low capacity of the, as supplied, Nicad transmitter battery for the several hours I run my yacht. Recommend you fit a higher capacity NiMH battery. I hope you get as much trouble free running as I have had.

Fred

Billyruffian

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 01:40:05 pm »

Thanks RcFred.

So if I velcro the receiver under the deck of my Talacre coaster and use blutac to hold the aerial wires in place, I should be OK?

I shall have to find out about the fail safe - is this something you set on the transmitter?

rcfred

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 01:57:54 pm »

Yes, that is how I fit my receivers, you will have no problems with that arrangement. Check out the instruction booklet and get those old grey cells working to sort out how to programme the transmitter! Once set, the transmitter will pass the fail safe settings to the receiver which remembers them - just in case they are needed for any reason.

Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 19 queries.