Mess Deck: General Section > Model Boating

Quick Hints & Tips!

(1/30) > >>

Seaspray:
Hi  :)
Thought I would start a hints and tips thread for any idea which would be handy to know.

1.  Reversing into the dark and your reversing light are not up to scratch .Turn on your rear fog lamps to give you more light behind you. If this isn't any better feather your footbrake turning on the brake lights or use all 3. It works for me.  O0

2. if you run your modelling knife down some emery/sand paper on the back of the blade at an angel. This removes the tip of the the knife giving you a new edge on the point on your blade. Works for me.  O0

3. Some candle wax on a stubborn saw will help ease the cutting. Works for me.  O0

4. Stuck finders with super glue. Start moving your fingers in a rolling action , use your other hand to assist. Never try to pull them apart. Works for me.  O0

Please feel free to submit  any of your hints n tips, appreciated.

Martin

funtimefrankie:
Spray the underside of your hover mower with WD40 and the grass comes off a treat.

Seaspray:
Don't use vinger or meths to clean your car windows. This attacks the sealer in the new windows of todays cars. This did work for me and cost a new windshield.

Martin

john54:
Before connecting anything i.e packs/e.s.c/rx/servos/motors/ect LOOK THINK & THINK LOOK .

Bryan Young:
Do not EVER consider taking up modelling (apart from Page 3) as it will become more addictive than ....well. words both fail me and would be moderated anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version