This may have been asked and i may have missed it. why do you build a wooden hull to lay a fibreglass one why not just stick with a wooden hull?
1. Long life for the hull.
2. Re. no.1..Idiots who crash into me hurt themselves most.
3. Structural strength...quite a few of my boats are around the 7' mark and a fibreglass hull is strongest.
4. I don't know how to build a good wooden hull.
5. I like old ships that have a heavy and rivetted hull, I do not really like modern welded ships...too much like B&Q warehouses. So I like a bit of "character".
6. There is no no.6...yet. BY.