Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q & A - TUG CERVIA HULL BUILD  (Read 19969 times)

bluebird

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Q & A - TUG CERVIA HULL BUILD
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 07:23:47 PM »

Hi there Tim
The strip, I believe, on the plan is referring to the rubbing/fender strip which runs around at deck level on the tug. 
The height of the frames should be in the middle of this strip width.  Therefore when you add the bulwarks and decking you then apply the rubbing strip which hides the joint between the bulwarks and planking. 
The angle or the radius on top of the frames is the camber and there is a correct formula for calculating the height of this – to which I will have to look this up  to refresh one’s senile memory (getting old you know) .   I do believe there is a centre height drawn on the profile plan if you have a look – it gives you a height to the centre of the deck (I am sure).
Sorry I cannot be more help, because I gave the plans away to someone on the forum – so I am having to go back to the build and scrutinize from there.   
Anymore queries, please don’t hesitate – AND PUT SOME PICS OF YOUR BUILD ON  :-))

aye

john

Lt. Raen

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2011, 08:30:22 PM »

Thanks John, that clears up a lot of conufsion
And yes the radius is what i was refering to (not sure why i said angle  {-))
Pics will follow when i have something of import to show, unless you want to see photos of my photocopying ability  :D

Tim

dave parker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2016, 01:52:41 PM »

Hi Bluebird

Where have al the pictures gone???

Dave

bluebird

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2016, 05:39:36 PM »

Hi there Dave

Sometimes there isn't a picture - but there is a tiny box - there is a code number at the side of the box.   If you click on that, it normally brings the picture back - this seems to be a recurring problems after a few crashes and reboots of Mayhem.   I noticed we have totally lost all the pictures for the build of the MSC Archer Tug which I did a while ago.   There are also several pictures missing off the RTTL build 2751 and other builds on the Forum.  Maybe something Martin can look into to see if he can retrieve them.

Last but not least, have you started any builds yet?  Because one of the good builds is a plan for the beginner (The Swordsman).

John

dave parker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2016, 07:47:03 PM »

Hi Bluebird

Many thanks for your reply....I have a feeling I may have asked you this before as I remember the answer you gave me  %)

I have read through and looked at every last bit of this build and I love it

These are the kind of builds, and your knowledge that keep me coming back, I absolutely love it

And no, no first build yet, but as this is my 3rd time getting in to RC boats again, I am determined to give it a proper go this time

On to re-read the Vosper build!!!!!  :-))

xm607

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2017, 01:26:03 PM »

This is a brilliant build that I have only just found, I visited the Tug at Ramsgate last year for inspiration whilst restoring a Caldercraft Imara, love the sketches from a proper modeller not just adapting available castings, like I would.

Steve.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up