Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Model Boats Magazine - Website & forum  (Read 84947 times)

andygh

Re: Re: Model Boats Magazine - Website & forum
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2009, 03:02:49 pm »

Talking about outsourcing.  Was so depressed last night that I rang the Samaritans.

Got through to a call centre in Pakistan .

Told them I was suicidal, they got all excited and asked if I could fly a plane.

{-)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2009, 07:35:33 pm »

There have indeed been problems in North America due to a change in the Subscriptions Bureau but the problems are being sorted out. MyHobbyStore have asked me to post the following statement:

MyHobbyStore are currently changing subscription bureau in North America. The change over has caused a small delay in the arrival of some subscribers issues of the magazine. We would be grateful for your patience. This should affect only North American subscribers. If you are still missing your Model Boats magazine by the 14th December 09 please email customer.services@myhobbystore.com 
We apologise for any inconvenience.

I have sent Captain Spaulding a PM regarding his particular problems. In the meantime I suggest you give MHS the benefit of the doubt. The very last thing they want is to offend or lose subscribers but things don't always go the way they ought to!

Colin

Capt. Spaulding

• Full Mayhemer
  • Hurray for Captain Spaulding, the African explorer
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2009, 08:32:55 pm »

Just wanted to raise a glass to Colin, and thank him for trying to resolve the Model Boat subscription/website issues I, and others, have raised. If all "outsourcing" people were as responsive as he is, things would be as smooth as silk. And then we'd have nothing to gripe about!

Cheers,
Capt. Spaulding

ajb68

« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2009, 08:38:31 pm »

like i said , hes a model boat wielding super hero  O0 O0 O0 %%

regards Andy

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2009, 05:23:43 pm »

Just an update on the North America Subscriber problem. MyHobbyStore are working on it. In the meantime contact customer services. See statement below.

Colin
Access to subscriber only content online (North American subscribers only)
All North American subscribers looking for your UK subscriber number, which allows you to gain access to the subscriber only content online, please
email customer.services@myhobbystore.com <mailto:customer.services@myhobbystore.com> with your name, the magazine you subscribe to and your request for a UK subscriber number. We will get back to you shortly with these details. Sorry for any inconvenience, we are currently setting up a system where your UK subscriber number will be emailed directly to you; in the meantime please email the above address.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2010, 05:14:54 pm »

There are another two competition draws running on the Model Boats website, one for subscribers, the other open to all.

Interesting if you like warships from the first half of the 20th Century!

Colin

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2010, 10:40:06 pm »

2010 marks the 60th anniversary of Model Maker/Model Boats magazine and to mark the occasion MyHobbyStore are preparing a special Commemorative issue.

This will feature material taken from six decades of publication plus specially commissioned articles which highlight the  progress made in Model Boating from 1950 until the present.

This special edition will only be available from W.H.Smith or by direct order from MyHobbyStore and publication date will be mid May 2010.

I have been given the privilege of editing this unique edition which reflects the rich diversity of model boating over the last 60 years. I hope it will give you as much pleasure in reading as it has me in putting it all together.

For advance orders see: http://www.myhobbystore.com/product.asp?p=24897

Colin

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2010, 06:30:06 pm »

Special Announcement.

New for 2010 – Article Archive Service

From February 2010, MyHobbyStore is offering all readers access to our extensive archive of build articles from past issues of RCM&E, Model Boats, Model Engineer and Model Engineers’ Workshop. If you want to supplement your library, or need help with constructing a model, this is the place to come! Call 0844 848 88 22 or email customer.services@myhobbystore.com to request any article, quoting the title and issue number/date (NB: we will supply the entire back issue if possible). Prices start at £3.00 plus p&p.

Remember, if you are a subscriber you can access  and search issues publishedf from January 2007 using the Digital Archive Facility on the Model Boats website.

Colin

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2010, 08:47:27 pm »

Here is a preview of the special Commemorative Edition of Model Boats which is due to be published on 13th May. This is not a subscriber issue and you will either need to order it in advance from MyHobbyStore, which you can do now, or buy it in W.H. Smith. Further details of the contents will be published in the may issue of Model Boats and on the Model Boats website: http://www.modelboats.co.uk/

bobdoc

« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2010, 06:49:01 am »

Sorry, Colin, putting "special Commemorative Edition of Model Boats" or "Commemorative Edition of Model Boats" in Website search in My Hobby Store returns "No results found" and I cannot find a link on the website

Thanks

Bob

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2010, 08:37:35 am »

Try this link Colin gave us earlier.

http://www.myhobbystore.com/product.asp?p=24897
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2010, 08:42:35 am »

Colin will I still have to order it as I have a subscription as some extra mags are sent automatically.

Peter

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2010, 09:44:12 am »

Peter,

Yes you will as it is a special retail only limited edition. Your subscription entitles you to 13 issues a year, 12 regular monthly ones plus a Winter Special which is why the date of publication changes from month to month.

Go on, be a devil....

Colin

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2010, 12:37:15 pm »

I've just bought my copy through the link Dicky posted above and it worked fine.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2010, 06:21:17 am »

Mine's ordered too  :-)) O0

Peter.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2010, 07:24:48 pm »

We have just launched a new photo competition on the Model Boats site - http://www.modelboats.co.uk/

The last one was popular so come on over and have a go!

Colin

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Model Boats Magazine - Website & forum
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2010, 07:04:20 pm »

MyHobbyStore plans

Daniel Webb who manages the retail arm of this group is seeking good images of any model built from our plans, so that the catalogue can be updated. A £5 MHS gift voucher will be awarded for all images used and credit for the image will be published online.

Images (together with plan reference number and name) should be submitted by email to: daniel.webb@myhobbystore.com.

Here is youir opportunity for undying fame!

Colin

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2010, 08:33:18 pm »

A couple of prize draws just launched on the Model Boats website, one subscriber and one open. Prizes are a book on building Model Warships and on German Destroyers of WW2. Worth checking out!

Also, it is now possible to subscribe to a digital edition of Model Boats which could be handy for those people around the world who have precarious postal services.

http://www.modelboats.co.uk/

Just a reminder that the special Commemorative Edition of the magazine goes on sale on 13th May in W.H Smith or you can order a copy here:

http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/24897/model-boats-commemorative-special-1950-2010-pre-order

Colin

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2010, 09:16:58 pm »

:-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2010, 12:34:46 pm »

Details of the contents of the Special Commemorative Issue are now on the Model Boats website http://www.modelboats.co.uk/ so you can see all the goodies on offer!

If this one goes down well there is the possibility of anothert themed special next year.....

Colin

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2010, 05:32:10 pm »

Just a reminder that the Model Boats Commemorative Special issue will be on sale in W.H.Smith  tomorrow, Thursday 13th May.

Those people who have pre ordered have already been sent their copies and it has been well received.

Details of the contents can be seen by clicking on the image on the MB Website home page.

This is a limited print run so if you want a copy don't delay, when it's gone it's gone! You'll have to wait 60 years for the next one.  ok2

Yes, I know it is an unashamed plug!

Colin

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2010, 06:28:31 pm »

"Yes, I know it is an unashamed plug!"

I didn't know Colin had those words in his vocabulary!

We are also planning for them to be available at our Wicksteed Mayhem Weekend on David Brumstead stall.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/index.htm
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2010, 06:57:31 pm »

Perhaps I should make it clear that I don't get paid according to the number of issues sold. I just get a pretty modest fixed fee for producing the issue.

However, I do believe that some of those old articles were first class material and deserve to be seen again by as many people as possible. I found them really interesting and they only scratch the surface of what is still buried away. If this issue is well received there may be the opportunity to publish more of these old classic articles.

Colin

BoatyBoy

« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2010, 08:01:37 pm »

I received mine last week and I've just finished reading through it, I liked it

I would be very happy to see more along the same lines even though I have quite a few of the old mags from the 60's onwards

Brian Roberts

« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2010, 09:38:50 pm »

Hi Colin

I receive my pre ordered "Model Boats" by post, so would you tell me please if the Commemorative Special will be dropping thro' my letterbox or if I have to purchase it separately.

Brian
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.