Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Floating Crane Enak - A brief Introduction  (Read 2503 times)

pufferfish

• Full Mayhemer
  • puff up the fish :-)
Floating Crane Enak - A brief Introduction
« on: May 02, 2020, 08:41:48 pm »

Hi,

I would like to show you my longest Project ever.  Started in 1993 - Ended in April 2020
In 1993 I was bored from build one kit after another and decided to build a Boat from scratch. I don't know why I had an attack of megalomania and buy a plan from the Flaoting Crane Enak.
Consequently I fail after the Hull with the mechanical parts. The hull sent to various cellars over the years. Meanwhile I've learned autodidactically to tame a Lathe and a Mill. Due to build some 1/10 Offroad Cars I get some deeper skills in both Machines. Whilst an cleanup campain in my cellar I stumbled over the 26 year old hull. As a result of several "brainstorming sessions" (Cheers  :} ) I've started last September with the mechanical parts.
In February '20, after turning over 200 pulley, laying over 300 m ropes, arrange twelf rc-channels to move all main booms + hooks and control three rudder propellers, the first  ( and last before Isolation-Time) testdrive on a real lake takes place.

It was a very impressive Moment for me to see it floating.

After this really emotional Day, while doing several minor improvements, Isolation-Time comes and i get some weird Ideas.  %%

The crane was full functional but too clean. So I add much more Details and some slight weathering to the little Monster.

Now I'm waiting for end of isolation to put it on the water again.

Hope, you enjoy the quick tour.
Questions? Ask!
Regards
Ralf

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Floating Crane Enak - A brief Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 09:32:34 pm »

Aaaaaawesome!   :-))

How many motors, radio channels etc.?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 10:23:11 pm »

Welcome to the forum! Firstly, I love your avatar, it has lots of character  :-))

Secondly, that is an amazing project given that it works and you made all the parts, and twelve channels is a handful!

I look forward to seeing footage of her sailing come the end of lock down.

She would make a great part of a harbour set up on the lake along with wharves and the like.
Pond weed is your enemy

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 12:05:25 am »

Welcome Ralf......watching on here [in addition to my posts on your other build thread WEB site]........absolutely superb  :-))  .... Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

pufferfish

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 10:25:49 am »

Aaaaaawesome!   :-))

How many motors, radio channels etc.?

Hi Martin,

some specs:
length: up to 1500mmheigth: up to 1400mmwidth: 520mm
weight: ~30kg to waterlinelifting capacity:  ~10kg (i don't use any ballast tanks, just some lead-weights on the back)
  • engines/steering:
2 main motors (simple 540 tamiyas) 
- 1 in front one 360° rudderpropeller  with 60mm prop- 1 in the back for two 360° rudderpropellers with 60mm prop (simultaneous controlled)

front is either controlled like master-salve with the back or seperate controlled for traversingsteering hardware is from imth
all connected with tooth belts

7 little gear-motors for
- moving mainboom (1)
- moving topboom (2)
- lifting mainboom-hooks (2)- lifting topboom-hooks (2)
  • Used Materials:
1 mm dyneema ropes. No more ugly knots after i've learnt to splice them
Main Hooks ( 4 small and 2 big ones) are from self casted lead to get a bit tension on the ropes.
Mechanics, Winches etc. are Aluminium.
The monstreous front bollard and the bodys of the both great deckhouses are from aluminium too.

All other Details , winch houses, fake winches, railings etc.pp. are printied with a resin-printer.

All ladders and platforms are self soldered brass (0,5mm / 1mm) roundabout 2000 solderpoints %%
Hull:  Plywood and a layer of laminat.

• rc
components are from servonaut. transmitter hs12
used all 12 chanels for

front motorback motorsfront steeringback steeringswitch for master-slave steering or not
moving mainboommoving topboom leftmoving topboom right
lifting mainboom-hook leftlifting mainboom-hook rightlifting topboom-leftlifting topboom-right
  • lights
left/right/beck,topplight,some workingslightsjust simple controlled with a hardware switch on board

• time to build
overall 7 months~500 hours of working on it. (several hours of planning are not included  %) )(No, I'm not retired but have luckily enough free times on a day)

A short Clip floating in my little pond :  https://youtu.be/DRh1z1Iwxo0

Regards
Ralf

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 10:46:27 am »

Lovely model of something different.

That is one large model but does she fold flat for transport?

pufferfish

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 12:24:58 pm »

It can folded, but i'm too lazy to lay back all the fiddly ropes into the pulleys. So I've build a combined display and transportation vehicle.

Display stand

transport frame

ready to roll

on the lake (in the background you can see my testing pool for it. in my pond is too much weed)

Transport is easy with my vw bully.
Regards
Ralf

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2020, 01:38:39 pm »

This is serious modelling!  :-))    :-)    :}

mikromodell

• Full Mayhemer
  • On Facebook: Harry Jörg
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 07:56:19 am »

Quite big... but nice :-) I took some pictures in 2006
RegardsHarry
Airfix Severn Class Lifeboat R/C converted - YT movie of the maiden journey in Miniatur Wunderland Hamburg: https://youtu.be/Dcjz5HToQ7M

pufferfish

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 06:08:18 pm »

Never seen it live. Surely impressive that Monster  :-)

Your micro crane is impressive too.  :-)) Wonderful work in a scale which is way to small for my hand and eyes.
Regards
Ralf

pufferfish

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 07:37:57 pm »

Hi there,

last Weekend the Crane was floating again. After  improving my handling capabilities, the next Trip will get a amin focus on lifting action  :-))
A short floating clip with really nice drone shots
GMTY
Sprache erkennenAfrikaansAlbanischAmharischArabischArmenischAserbaidschanischBaskischBengalischBirmanischBosnischBulgarischCebuanoChichewaChinesisch tradChinesisch verDänischDeutschEnglischEsperantoEstnischFilipinoFinnischFranzösischFriesischGalizischGeorgischGriechischGujaratiHaitianischHausaHawaiischHebräischHindiHmongIgboIndonesischIrischIsländischItalienischJapanischJavanesischJiddischKannadaKasachischKatalanischKhmerKirgisischKoreanischKorsischKroatischKurdischLaoLateinishLettischLitauischLuxemburgischMalagasyMalayalamMalaysischMaltesischMaoriMarathiMazedonischMongolischNepalesischNiederländischNorwegischPaschtuPersischPolnischPortugiesischPunjabiRumänischRussischSamoanischSchottisch-GälischSchwedischSerbischSesothoShonaSindhiSinghalesischSlowakischSlowenischSomaliSpanischSuaheliSundanesischTadschikischTamilTeluguThailändischTschechischTürkischUkrainischUngarischUrduUzbekischVietnamesischWalisischWeißrussischXhosaYorubaZulu
AfrikaansAlbanischAmharischArabischArmenischAserbaidschanischBaskischBengalischBirmanischBosnischBulgarischCebuanoChichewaChinesisch tradChinesisch verDänischDeutschEnglischEsperantoEstnischFilipinoFinnischFranzösischFriesischGalizischGeorgischGriechischGujaratiHaitianischHausaHawaiischHebräischHindiHmongIgboIndonesischIrischIsländischItalienischJapanischJavanesischJiddischKannadaKasachischKatalanischKhmerKirgisischKoreanischKorsischKroatischKurdischLaoLateinishLettischLitauischLuxemburgischMalagasyMalayalamMalaysischMaltesischMaoriMarathiMazedonischMongolischNepalesischNiederländischNorwegischPaschtuPersischPolnischPortugiesischPunjabiRumänischRussischSamoanischSchottisch-GälischSchwedischSerbischSesothoShonaSindhiSinghalesischSlowakischSlowenischSomaliSpanischSuaheliSundanesischTadschikischTamilTeluguThailändischTschechischTürkischUkrainischUngarischUrduUzbekischVietnamesischWalisischWeißrussischXhosaYorubaZulu
Die Sound-Funktion ist auf 200 Zeichen begrenzt
Regards
Ralf
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 22 queries.