Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: MAKARA CLUB  (Read 278639 times)

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
Re: MAKARA CLUB
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2007, 07:19:41 pm »

Whats the advantage of hi tec?

I run futaba in all of mine and to date (apart from a bit of water) have not had any problems?
Rubbin is Racin!

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2007, 07:26:46 pm »

Hi Tec has a built in fail safe. The club Guru swears by them. It would seem we do have a radio dead spot on our lake. I was hoping a new RX would overcome this  :'( Thus far its going to get one more run in the morn, and if still no good i may well get another RX to try. I could really use a matching Sanwa RX but they are a bit on the pricey side.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2007, 09:37:47 pm »

HI BILL I RUN 2.4 GIG SET AND ITS BRILLIANT NO GLITCHING, NONE OF THIS WHAT FREQ ARE YOU ON, AND BUILT IN FAIL SAFE THAT DOES WHAT IT SHOULD, I'LL NEVER LOOK BACK, ...MAD AL :D O0

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2007, 09:41:51 pm »

Shall i get some t shirts made?

If so do we want pictures, names or just Mad Makara Men.

Colours and sizes please?

Happy New Year

Simon

HI SIMON, THAT WOULD BE GREAT, MINES A XL AND I THINK MAD MAKAKRA MEN PLUS OMRA NUMBER, IN A COLOUR THATS AGREED BY ALL, LET ME KNOW COST....MAD AL   :D O0

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2007, 10:28:22 pm »

Hi Al
So you find the 2.4mhz radio ok then. Who's make do you use? Is it easy to set up? I like to keep it as simple as I can.
Cheers. Bill
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2007, 06:05:07 pm »

hi bill i use a spektrum dx3.0 its a wheel set and is super easy to use and set up,it has four model memory, so one tx does all my boats... mad  :D O0 al

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2007, 06:14:10 pm »

Hello Mad Makara man. Have we all been out doing our stuff today?? :D Found out that my new RX Hitec unit dose not like Sanwa crystals. I put Futaba in the RX and problem seems to have gone. Mind you this was the same time as my exhausts pipe header blow a large hole in it :'( . O well back on the internet to track down a replacement for next week. HAPPYNEW YEAR TO YOU ALL> not long to Christmas now????? >>:-(

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2007, 06:32:40 pm »

bill try dave marles he does stainless headers for around 20 sqiud you wont blow a hole in that...mad  :D al  O0

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2007, 06:57:19 pm »

Al. Just What I have ordered up, Lets hope it works 8)

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2007, 08:08:39 pm »

well done mate...cant wait for our meeting...mad...  :D ...  O0 al

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2007, 08:25:39 pm »

Here's one I did earlier.

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2007, 08:33:16 pm »

christ bill i've never seen that done before,you will be better off with the 90 deggree header, hope you ordered the long one that clears the rails before it sweeps back...mad  :D ....al  O0

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2007, 08:43:07 pm »

Yes Al Good AH??? The SS one on Prestwick site should do the job. i may have to cut the rail back a we bit but i think it will be better all round not having those O rings to melt down in the manefold etc. I have also got a bid in for a 275 crab on e bay. When I get them both in it has no reason not to fly. Got a Sat nav tracker for Christmas, I clocked the boat at 34mph on Thurs last week. So I can now tell when i fit things if it improves or not.

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2007, 09:01:03 pm »

BILL WITH THE 257 YOU WANT ONE THATS BEEN PORTED AND POLISHED THE ARE ABOUT 1MM BIGGER IN THE VENTURI AND IT WILL MAKE YOURS  SING REALLY WELL, BLUE FISHY SELLS THEM I THINK THEY ARE 40 QUID, ,WILL ONE OF THOSE AND YOU NEW HEADER IT SHOULD DO ANOTHER 10 MPH WHAT PROP YOU RUNNING....MAD  :D  AL  O0

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2007, 09:30:42 pm »

Hi Al. 275 prop. It seems to turn it over just fine. I used the same on my Endfrorcer boat. That came in 3rd at Windy this year.

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2007, 09:52:16 pm »

BILL WHEN YOU GWT CARB AND HEADER TRY A 470 / 3 BLADE THAT WILL BE MUCH BETTER...MAD  :D AL O0

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2007, 09:56:06 pm »

Thanks Al. Next ? where do i get one from? :)

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2007, 10:42:34 pm »

any of the boat suppies dave marles,... barry blue fishy hes he cheapest,... tony ellis model marine supplies,  take your pick..mad  :D al  O0

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2007, 01:51:01 am »

I WISH ALL THE MAD MAKARA MEN, AND YOUR FAMILIES A VERY HAPPY AND LUCKY NEW YEAR.... MAD  :D  MAKARA  :D  AL  O0

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2008, 10:31:47 am »

Haapy new year to all the Mad Makara Man. See you all at our Mad day out.  :D

ids987

« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2008, 08:47:07 pm »

Going back to the winter series, I think it will probably run if there are enough entries.
Going back to Hitec vs Futaba, I had a few of the Hitec Rx's with built in failsafe (IPD), and had reliability problems with at least two of them. I also don't like having the Rx and the failsafe physically on the same board and in the same case (eggs and baskets). Much prefer having a separate failsafe, and that the failsafe itself is waterproof in its own right. I've got a few Futaba Rx's now and a couple of Sanwas, and so far no problems with any of them.
Happy New Year one and All !!!

Ian

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2008, 08:29:54 pm »

It's very quiet round here ;) I take it all the Mad Makara men are in there Igloo's ;D No snow to report here in Stevenage, Should be good for Sunday.  I will have to run my old boat as my bits from Prestwick ain't got here yet :( Still if you now go to the OMRA web site you will see the calender for This year. Stevenage is on the 4th May so come and play at our lake, make it a date :D

bigtee

« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2008, 09:36:24 pm »

hi to all , did "we " agree on a date for the mad day out ?  {-)
bill looking forward to coming up to you on the 4th ( just try and have a quite word in the right ear holes and try to get two 20mins races each )  O0

tony

bill wait till i either need the pipe or we are at a race , then you can come over and say hi   8)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2008, 09:47:46 pm »

Happy new year Tony.
Re the 4th May I think it is going to a single 30min heat at this stage. However it has not been set in stone as yet. I suppose it will largely depend on how many entry's we get. I have to say we do need a good amount of entry's as its going to cost a bit to hire the lake for the day.
I thank you once again for the pipe.
Cheers for now
Bill

ids987

« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2008, 02:52:25 pm »

Trouble is, these days there's usually 2 heats of "A" and 2 heats of "D". That makes at least seven in total. With the usual 10:00 start, if you run 20 minute heats plus 10 minutes between, it's at least half past one before all the first heats are done. Even with no lunch break, and not allowing for any stoppages, delays etc it would be at least a five o'clock finish - assuming that none of the other classes run to two heats.
Mind you, it looks like we might need to run a "DM" class this year - just for Makaras......

Ian

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.