Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
 on: May 04, 2024, 05:32:51 pm 
Started by Damien Mac - Last Post by SteamboatPhil
I like it, will it have a fixed keel ?

on: May 04, 2024, 05:17:44 pm 
Started by TugCowboy - Last Post by Mark T
I’ve always had great service from the prop shop and their products are second to none

on: May 04, 2024, 05:03:57 pm 
Started by B.B - Last Post by Mark T
Another pleasure to watch progress Brian !  I learn so much from your builds, thank you for posting.

And me 👍. The colours just make these boats jump out they look great

on: May 04, 2024, 12:41:08 pm 
Started by T888 - Last Post by T888
Had some good weather so took the chance to paint the hull.

I’ve still got to paint the transom which I’ll do once I’ve got the info as to size , shape of the stern trim tab.

on: May 04, 2024, 11:44:31 am 
Started by TomF - Last Post by JimG
Would it not be possible to simulate the pressure by fitting a narrow outlet to the pump outlet. This should create a resistance to flow and therefore back pressure in the delivery. Ideally you would use a machined nozzle with a fine hole but a length of brass or copper tube with the end crushed nearly closed might do. The silicon tube used here however would need replaced as it will just balloon under pressure.
Jim

on: May 04, 2024, 11:36:28 am 
Started by Backerther - Last Post by Backerther
The second trial run with new tyres were carried out successfully in the large park spending about 3 hours.
With these new tyres, the car width has been 1 cm wider reaching 30cm and very stable in steering at a bit higher speed.
This car is a version 3 type by which it has been modified to be much lowered and front-heavier CG for a better crawling performance. :-)) :-)) :-))   I could have you shown a video, if I recorded it....A working model is to be recorded by the video to report it precisely, isn't it, if possible ?... O0
The park we have walked is famous for its beautiful rose garden but it was a bit earlier to enjoy the flowers to our regret... <:(
There were very few already open .... {:-{ <:(

on: May 04, 2024, 10:36:38 am 
Started by TugCowboy - Last Post by Dave_S.
I have just realised that I drove past Prop Shop's premises on our way back from Northumberland a couple of days ago. Luckily, it was less than an hour before we reached home.

on: May 04, 2024, 09:20:30 am 
Started by TomF - Last Post by 1967Brutus
You are going to need a MUCH slower motor for that pump.
Your steam engine will consume about 5~15 ml of water per minute and that most likely comes down to less than 30 pistonstrokes per minute.

The engine (assuming you mean the M30 by that) has a displacement lubricator for internal lubrication. refill that one before every run.
External lubrication (rods and shafts) either manual or by wick-oiler.
The pump, just an occasional drop of oil on the moving parts, EXCEPT the plunger. Do NOT oil the plunger.

The only way to simulate boiler pressure is by hooking that feedline up to the boiler, and pressurizing the boiler with a bicycle pump or similar.

on: May 04, 2024, 08:27:42 am 
Started by TomF - Last Post by TomF
Here is a link to the microcosm P71 pump running

20240503_143414663_iOS.jpg" border="0

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ye_MNrWhLcA

Sorry but more questions
  • How should I lubricate the engine?
  • Any suggestions on how I could simulate boiler pressure, without actually connection to the boiler?
  • I will need to work out the rpm the pump needs to run at to make a pully wheel from back of the engine to the pump - any ideas or do I need to by an rpm meter?
Again thank you in anticipation.
Tom

on: May 04, 2024, 08:14:28 am 
Started by B.B - Last Post by mrzippy
Another pleasure to watch progress Brian !  I learn so much from your builds, thank you for posting.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Page created in 0.947 seconds with 17 queries.