Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Today at 01:09:45 pm 
Started by Stan - Last Post by Stan
Hi sorry for missing key info should be 14 July 2024.

on: Today at 11:26:30 am 
Started by ColinB - Last Post by ColinB
Thanks Tony  :-))

on: Today at 11:23:36 am 
Started by ColinB - Last Post by tonyH
Can you check how much current she's using? If she's only drawing 1amp while running, for example, then it would seem that the prop's too small. The current will be at it's max on "take-off". It certainly looks small on the Billing pics O0 . Try a slightly larger prop and accelerate GENTLY :-))

on: Today at 10:40:53 am 
Started by Martin (Admin) - Last Post by Dave_S.
Thirty years ago, I was going to model shows with a boat (usually my Deans Motor Gun Boat) all over the south of England, including Beale Park, Greenwich Maritime Museum, Brighton  and many more - I then lived abroad for 16 years and lost touch with things over here. Moved back 12 years ago and once settled, looked for the shows but most had disappeared. This weekend was the first time I've been able to take a boat along and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of being amongst fellow modellers.
Thank you to Martin & the Wicksteed club for bringing the magic back.
I've already made arrangements to be there for the whole weekend next year.

on: Today at 10:22:27 am 
Started by pendlesteam - Last Post by pendlesteam
Contact us direct to get 10% off any boiler ordered and paid for in June

on: Today at 09:15:44 am 
The ballast isn't slowing her down, either the motor's RPM per volt is too low, or the motor is too weak and bogging down while trying to swing the prop.  This is assuming, of course, that you have a realistic idea of speed for a model trawler (just above walking speed should be fine for max throttle)

Thanks Nick, she is deffo moving slower than walking speed.
There must be over 2kg of ballast in her, whereas my krabbenkutter has maybe 100g and I only run her at half throttle for realistic speed on a 4.5v motor.

on: Today at 09:04:14 am 
Started by ColinB - Last Post by NickelBelter
The ballast isn't slowing her down, either the motor's RPM per volt is too low, or the motor is too weak and bogging down while trying to swing the prop.  This is assuming, of course, that you have a realistic idea of speed for a model trawler (just above walking speed should be fine for max throttle)

on: Today at 08:20:47 am 
Hi,
My Notts Forest (sic) had her maiden voyage yesterday. She is really the Nordkap re-decorated.  Generally went OK, but I have a couple of concerns that I hope someone can advise on:

I have a Monoperm 6v 3A motor and the prop that came with the kit, but with the large amount of ballast needed she moves very slowly.

Also the Quikrun 1060 does not always read the reverse command.

It is all powered by 5 x 1,2v 2100mAh

Cheers

on: Today at 07:24:31 am 
Started by MikeP - Last Post by derekwarner
The following for information only.................will truly be tragic if the PD's WEB group cannot be resurrected ..... Derek
-----------------

Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 4, 2024 7:13 PM
To: dlwarner@bigpond...........[edit]
Subject: New Personal Message: Re: Fusilier Thread is Locked or Blocked 2024.01.04
You have just been sent a personal message by Eddy Matthews on Paddleducks.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email
The message they sent you was
I don't have access to the database to correct the problem Derek, but I've sent a msg to Rendrag - Hopefully he will sort it shortly
Regards
Eddy

Reply to this Personal Message here: http://www.paddleducks.co.uk/smf/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=8103;quote;u=4

on: Today at 03:44:23 am 
Started by Michael.B - Last Post by tigertiger
Welcome aboard.
I am pretty sure that there are other Mayhem members in Spain. If you try reaching out to them, you may find someone near you.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 17 queries.