Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maggie M  (Read 3505 times)

Paul-E

Maggie M
« on: April 09, 2008, 08:40:20 pm »

Hi,
I'm new to model boats.

I have worked on beam trawlers (I mean actually worked as a fisherman not model work) and I guess thats where I get my fascination for work boats.

I have recently been given a Maggie M trawler who has seen better days (the previous owner allowed his young child to use it as a toy ::). My aim is to strip her down and rebuild her.

Hope the photos give you all some idea of what I am up against......probably nothing to you experts but it is something I am looking forward to doing. The boat has not been set up for remote control, so in time I am hoping to add remote to it as well.

I have no time scale for completion. I want to do it slowly and properly and hopefully do her some justice.

Can anyone suggest anywhere I may be able to get plans for boat and also any parts I may require. There are a lot of bits with her but some are broken and no doubt some missing plus as photo shows the rudder is broke.

dms toucan

Re: Maggie M
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 09:42:15 pm »

Hi
Talk to Model slipway they are always very helpful and are the builders of this kit,
Regards Martin

All so you can go to the links section on this site and look for manufactures and you will see
Model slipways site,

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 10:02:17 pm »

hi paul-e she do's look a sorry state! i had a maggie m i put working winches on &towed a mini rock hopper trawl  i did catch shrimps & a small perch  but ive now sold it  i do have a cygnus gm 33 set up the same with a winch   regards ray

Paul-E

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 04:02:42 pm »

Ray I know cygnus work boats well, we were thinking of buying one for fishing a few years back so had a good look into them. Any chance of seeing a photo of yours? Maybe that will be my next project think cygnus look great.

I have ordered plans and parts catalogue for Maggie-M from Model Slipway, so awaiting them and doing some reading up on how to go about taking glued pieces apart and cleaning up.

Thanks
Paul.

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 09:08:53 pm »

hi paul hows the re-build going?? i sent a message to you regarding my gm33 cygnus (you may have not got it ??)  this is my gm33 model
 regards ray

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 11:42:30 pm »

The fishing boat of yours looks brilliant, I'm well impressed  O0

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 06:25:44 pm »

thanks for that voyager its a great scale steering regatta boat (turns in its own length) with a working winch  radar& lights as well   
    regards ray

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 06:11:00 pm »

Very impressive, looks as well as functions  O0

madmax

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 09:20:44 pm »

Hi,hi
I'm new to model boats.

I have worked on beam trawlers (I mean actually worked as a fisherman not model work) and I guess thats where I get my fascination for work boats.

I have recently been given a Maggie M trawler who has seen better days (the previous owner allowed his young child to use it as a toy ::). My aim is to strip her down and rebuild her.

Hope the photos give you all some idea of what I am up against......probably nothing to you experts but it is something I am looking forward to doing. The boat has not been set up for remote control, so in time I am hoping to add remote to it as well.

I have no time scale for completion. I want to do it slowly and properly and hopefully do her some justice.

Can anyone suggest anywhere I may be able to get plans for boat and also any parts I may require. There are a lot of bits with her but some are broken and no doubt some missing plus as photo shows the rudder is broke.

hi
              i have just finnished the maggie m....you are welcome to the plans i got with kit ...give me some way of contacting you ..if you have not been sorted out
                                                                    regards
                                                                  madmax
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.