Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Seaman's Pocket Book - 1943  (Read 2681 times)

polaris

• Shipmate
A Seaman's Pocket Book - 1943
« on: April 14, 2008, 12:41:22 pm »

Dear All,

Does anyone have a copy of this by any chance... if so scans of certain pages would be very useful to me if poss. please?

The vol. number is BR827

Regards, Bernard

Tankerman

Re: A Seaman's Pocket Book - 1943
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 04:16:34 pm »

A facsimile of this book has just been published by Conway and is readily available in any bookshop with a Maritime or Transport section, a bargain at only £6.99.

Try the publisher at www.anovabooks.com       -       ISBN 10: 184486037X

Chris

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 05:33:05 pm »

Dear All,

Does anyone have a copy of this by any chance... if so scans of certain pages would be very useful to me if poss. please?

The vol. number is BR827

Regards, Bernard

A lot of "stuff" in the BR series was carried over into later publications. (of which there are more than the average library could accommodate). What bits are you looking for? BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 07:17:14 pm »

Dear Bryan,

Just the section on flag/pennant signalling. The webpage I supplied a Link to is very difficult to read (whether on screen or off), and it would be very helpful to have a scan of this (and other things re signalling).

Regards, Bernard

Dear Tankerman,

Thankyou for your Post. I had a look, but unfortunately the Seaman's Pocket book was re.pbld. in 2006 so I will give them a ring or email to see if they have any left - but I will wait an see if Bryan might be able to help first.

Regards, Bernard

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 06:23:00 pm »

Dear Bryan,

Just the section on flag/pennant signalling. The webpage I supplied a Link to is very difficult to read (whether on screen or off), and it would be very helpful to have a scan of this (and other things re signalling).

Regards, Bernard

Dear Tankerman,

Thankyou for your Post. I had a look, but unfortunately the Seaman's Pocket book was re.pbld. in 2006 so I will give them a ring or email to see if they have any left - but I will wait an see if Bryan might be able to help first.

Regards, Bernard
Are we now talking about flag hoists on the mast or "hand to hand" signalling?  If it is the mast sort then I may not be able to help.....but also with regard to flag hoists there is a protocol. That is, which series if flags goes where. Not being pedantic, but what, precisely are you looking for? If I cannot help then perhaps "rmasmaster" can as he will have access to "the book". Cheers. Bryan.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 06:28:36 pm »

As a "rider" to my previous answer, what site did you visit? Could be interesting. bryan.

John R Haynes

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 05:44:02 pm »

Amazon recently supplied this reprint plus suggested lots of other books to buy . All very inexpensive and a mine of info.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 06:58:17 pm »

Dear All,

Thankyou again for the replies and help. Snowed under at the moment (not literally!), but hope to get back to this little proj. later in the week.

Regards, Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.