Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can anyone identify this Hull  (Read 9439 times)

Damien

Can anyone identify this Hull
« on: April 15, 2008, 12:30:44 am »

I purchased this hull and deck on ebay last night, i was offered a motor, prop shaft and Kort nozzle as extras, which i also purchased.
Seller appears to be a hobby shop but had no details of what she was a model of and had no pics or plans.

Any help with name, pic's or links to identify this model greatly appreciated.
Damien.

crzydoyle11

Re: Can anyone identify this Hull
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 11:24:09 am »

Could be this tug that has the same boudy on web site I saw. Alte Liebehttp://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Common/Images_Tugs/ALTE_LIEBE_lrg.jpg Look at the picture there and ck it out.. Hope this helps.

Damien

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 12:42:44 pm »

Thanks crazydoyle11
That is quite similar in shape but dosen't have the Kort nozzle rudder system, certainly wort keeping in mind for supertructure details if no other suggestions come up.
Damien

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 01:53:47 pm »

Damien,

Hi mate it is the hull for the RTR model Tug called a WorkBoat, many are being rebuilt and having internals refurbed on Mayhem...........

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

Damien

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 02:36:45 pm »

Thanks Roy,
I'll scan throught the post and have a look, perhaps it's not quite the bargan i thought it was. Time will tell this sell only ships once a week and hasn't stated which day it is.
Damien

gribeauval

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tidy Bench -Tidy Mind, Messy Bench - BUSY!!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 02:55:59 pm »

Wether it's a bargin or not depends on how much you paid for it!!  ::)

New they are available at about £30, I bought mine on ebay for £15  ;)

Still they are good fun to build/convert and sail well with the original drive gear.

My conversion      http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8890.0
True Lifeboat Nutter!!

Damien

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 03:06:17 pm »

Probably got done paid $85AUD all up with postage but haven't seen anything like it here in Oz , still it's a chance to produce something unique. I really do prefer to scratch as much as i can, need to use all my tool and machinery or wifey wonders why i keep them.
I just finished replying to your thread when i found you'd posted to mine.
Damien

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 04:52:38 pm »

I've just done one up Damien. Makes a nice little tug.  O0

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8411.0
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 08:56:29 pm »

hi damien  that looks to me like a robbe neptun tug  i built one about 4years ago is it 22inches long? & is there two hatches on the after deck  1 being smaller than the other   under the bigger hatch is the servo for the steering & coupling????

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 09:03:28 pm »

Definitely a Seaport Workboat

Damien

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 11:24:16 pm »

That certainly looks like it Richard, for some reason this model has been gutted the ebay listing only says 27" length no running gear
here's the ebay addy
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=370041056034&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=024
I liked what i saw and i was the only bidder, it wasn't until the invoice arrived the seller offered the Kort nozzle, motor and prop shaft.
The picture does have the 2 uprights within the hull, what is your hull made of GRP, ABS ?
At the suggestion of Lady Jo for a name i was awarded 10 brownie points by Jo my missus andshe suggested i build a glass fronted cabinet to display my models looks like i scored more than 10 points lol
Damien.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 08:13:41 am »

Very cheap and shiny ABS Damien. Still it can be made into a nice little model.
Look through the Tugs section of the Builds on here and you will find several that have been done already and they will tell you what to do about ballast tanks etc.

Damien

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 07:36:15 am »

Definitely a Seaport Workboat
Dead right Richard the el-cheapo sticker on the stern says Seaport work boat lol
A cheap and almost nasty toy that with a bit of work hopefully will turn out ok
Every support post for deck attachment is stripped or split the deck is a mess with glued parts just broken off, mind you the seller has front fender & winch spools listed at exhorbitant prices also on ebay.
Looks like he couldn't get what he wanted complete so stripped it & sold bits seperately charged $25 postage & only paid $12.30 never buy from him again.
Planning starts and a bunch of styrene sheets will arrive in the next day or so.
The prop shaft seems to be a d**k in a bucket fit, does the shaft leak in to the bilges much ?
My wife has offered to crochet bow & stern fenders I havent mentioned side fenders yet as i know that crocheting causes arthritis pain in her hands & she gets crotchety. lol  I'm eager to get started there's not much left to do setting up the re-arranged workshop a few days at  most.
A nice winter build.
Damien 

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 08:47:59 am »

I kept the original prop shaft and motor. Though a bit noisy does not let in any water at all. O0

Damien

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 10:15:48 am »

Thanks Richard, I'll keep it as well then as it's glued  in rather  solidly as is the skeg under the kort nozzle they were missing in the ebay pic it looks liike hot melt glue, the prop is a tad small for the kort but i doubt i'd find a bigger prop with that hex mounting arrangement.
Did you remove the tank ? I'm thinking of sealing it and keeping it as bouancy i'm a bit leary of sunken ships Had a scooner go down in 4' of water in middle of winter of '78 or '79
On closer inspection there are lots of small dents to fill at each riser for deck attachment, as you and others have said worthy of the work to make a good model.
Damien
Ps. Perhaps i should do pic's as i go.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 06:18:43 pm »

Take the tank out Damien then you can Put a 6V 4ah LA battery in its place and keep your weight down low. Even with the LA battery you will still need more ballast.

Damien

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 02:02:51 am »

Any thoughts on a replacement deck to hull seal, mine was warped & twisted out of shap and not repairable, i'm thinking silicone applied then spread to even depth with home made depth gauge any other ideas ?
Damien.

mike_victoriabc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 02:40:30 am »

Here are a couple of Dickie hulls with rebuilt decks and wheelhouse - both run really well but not a lot left of the original boats.

mike_victoriabc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 02:42:31 am »

Umm ...missed the others...

djrobbo

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 09:55:17 am »

Hi guys......most definately a seaport work boat........just bought one off flea bay for the grand sum of 17 quid inc postage........in the process of dismembering it now.....will probably keep the motor ....have ditched the coupling and put in nice quiet one ....cut out the water tank and filled the holes in the hull bottom.........the prop shaft and tube came out quite easily just grab hold of rear of tube with pliers and pull........trying to decide what to do with the deck now cant make up my mind whether to keep the origional deck and modify it , or completely replace it with new deck.....ho hum.....decisions...decisions O0

regards....bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.