Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eldergarth/Rowengarth  (Read 1953 times)

Stavros

Eldergarth/Rowengarth
« on: December 07, 2008, 07:07:54 pm »

Right then I am now seeing double in the workshop due to buying hits off ebay last week.As I was going to the Mobile marines open day on SAT I decided that a bid was necessary on this ONCE fine old girl.Work is obviously needed to bring her back other former glory,and boy I do mean work.sea trials were conducted today at a sunny LLanberis lake complete with seriously vibrating shafts due to alignment problems!!!!!!!!!!!!! and also knocking Kort's.well i was pleasantly surprised,good turn of speed,very stable and a good run time so she passed the first test.Water is getting in big time but this is due to the poor fit of the rudder and main hatches,will be taped up next weekend(my fault).
She is going to need a full rebuild including taking part of the deck off so I can get at the motors to realign the shafts,the Kort's do not have any bottom swivels so they can rock and roll from side to side,so some brass strip will be manufactured to cure this problem so the Kort's can run true and then will not catch the props etc etc.Photos below are of her sea trails.
She came with the motors,shafts,Kort's and lights fitted,included in the sale were 3 part built winches.I have allready had my wallet lightened by Brian of Mobile Marines for the handrails ladders etc.This tug is also going to need a full re paint which it will have in due course.

Stavros

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Eldergarth/Rowengarth
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 09:22:22 pm »

Good Grief Stav, she does piviot around her own mast, I thought those motors were good when I saw at Mobile Marines, they certainly push her along  :-))
Steamed up all the time
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.