Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spektrum DX7 - free to a good home.  (Read 3917 times)

OMK

Spektrum DX7 - free to a good home.
« on: April 24, 2008, 03:24:02 am »

I've already had several PMs asking what the catch is. I replied that there is no catch, but on reflection I was maybe a tad hasty, for there is a catch. Two, in fact.
The first catch being that you will only be getting the Tx and the Rx. The 4 servos that Spektrum supplied are already installed in an airframe and I don't really want the hassle of stripping them out. Ergo, the deal only includes the Tx (w/1500mA battery), the dual receivers, the binding plug, manual and original packaging.
Purchased from RedBank Models, maybe five or six weeks ago, it's still in pristine condition. But apart from playing around with the programming, the radio itself has never been used because of dodgy ulcers and crappy British weather.
An off-the-cuff remark in a previous DX7 thread invoked quite a few PMs already. So I've had to bring a second catch into play.
I've decided, in order for every member here to get a fair chance, to ask you all a question. The one with the best answer wins. As simple as that.
The offer is open to everybody, but if any non-UK Mayhem'ers are interested, the deal is that you cover the cost of shipping. Apart from that, the same two rules apply to all members:

Rule #1) You might make a cock-up with your first answer. So take another try. But more than two replies from the same member means sudden death.
Rule #2) You give your permission for your winning answer to be posted here.

The only other thing -- try to avoid one-line'r replies. Don't fret about spellings or grammaticals or whether you think you and I are friends or not. That's not important. The important thing is to just try to remember that I want this radio to go to a good home. There is no 'closing date' as such in which to post your replies, but neither do I want this thread to drag on and on. So, as it stands, the receivers are still residing in the aforementioned airframe. That's where they will stay until I get the new radio, or until sufficient time that each of you gets a chance to post your answer - whichever comes first.

So by now you're probably wondering what the question is.
You all sitting pretty? Then here we go.......

All you have to do is write ( PM me )  why you think YOU should have this radio.

Here's a couple of eye-gasm pics.
Good luck one and all.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Spektrum DX7 - free to a good home.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 03:38:13 am »

Will you throw in a can of Strongbow?
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 07:16:01 am »

Everything you ned to know about the Spektrum DX7 here:  http://www.spektrumrc.com/
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

OMK

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 02:39:22 am »

Little did I know just how hard it would be to make a choice of winner. Just five replies, but each one a real heart-puller. Soooo difficult to make a decision.
As it is, my new radio has arrived, which means this offer is now done and dusted.
So after much deliberation, the winning reply is from Peter HS93. He wrote:

Well there is only one person on this site that deserves this radio .

..Martin Davis ................... Mr Mayhem,

when you think of the crap he has to put up with on a daily basis, and thats just from me ,
seriously the work and effort he has put in to this site, plus the cost to him in the first place there is only one bloke who deserves it .anyway thats my two pence worth

Peter HS93

Thanks, Peter. That makes perfect sense.
Come to think of it, I remember when Mayhem asked us all to chip-in a few quid for the day-to-day running of the forum. At the time I was really, really skint and I couldn't contribute. The knowledge I've learnt from here, and the friends I've met, means it's about time I paid my dues.

So, Martin, if you're earwigging, congratulations. One Spektrum DX7 heading your way.
Just give me a couple days to strip the Spektrum Rx from the airframe while I install the new one and check that everything is tickety-boo.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 04:29:14 am »

A well deserved winner
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 06:57:05 am »

Wow!  :o  ..... A Spectrum Radio, fantastic!

"Well first of all I like to say that I'm deeply touched, but many people have been saying that for years!"

It's always Mayhem on Mayhem, it all great fun, even the deep furrow bits.  ::)

Thanks PMK and HS93 and everybody, I am here but to serve..... tea anyone?

Martin.  O0
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 09:10:04 am »

Radio couldn't be going to a better home enjoy it Martin you deserve it, by the way no sugar in my tea just RUM . Off to Flamborough now for a week
                                                                                                                             Cheers
                                                                                                                                   BobB
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

Stavros

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 09:21:52 am »

Milk and 2 sugars please

Stavros

Faraday's Cage

• Full Mayhemer
  • Change is inevitable, except from a drinks machine
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 09:38:24 am »

Congratulations Martin, the only thing now is that you cant use rf interference or frequency clashes as an excuse.  {-)
Thanks must also go to PMK as the prize is not cheap. A great gesture mate.

FC

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 10:19:17 am »

Excellent suggestion Peter.  Obvious choice really. Reward the guy who works the hardest.

Well done Martin. Won't be seeing you at the 'Peg Board' then.

Cheers...ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 05:32:41 pm »

Just back from holiday and catching up on the MBM forum, to be reminded that there are such a nice bunch of blokes (and blokesses ) on here. A very nice gesture PMK and the most deserving of winners !

MikeK

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 06:31:29 pm »

congrats marty, now you need a boat to put it in
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

red181

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 12:05:36 am »

Well done Mr PMK, such a genuine nice gesture, I think everyone else, myself included, would not have thought of offering such a thing free of charge, and congrats to Martin the winner, well deserved. O0

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 06:17:29 pm »

Well done Mr PMK, such a genuine nice gesture, I think everyone else, myself included, would not have thought of offering such a thing free of charge, and congrats to Martin the winner, well deserved. O0

I concur, fully!   :)

OMK

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 05:36:58 am »

Damn! I didn't realise you were such a fine-looking bloke.
Stay where you are, dude, else I got no chance of scoring with the wimmin.

Double damn!.... I wanna nice workshop like that!

Stavros

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 05:42:08 pm »

martin just to remind you the spektrum is on top of the BISMARK that you are supposed to be building and not using it as a stand

Stavros
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.