Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BBC Question time  (Read 2135 times)

bbdave

BBC Question time
« on: May 27, 2008, 07:58:57 pm »

Well after a very brief appearence on the wicksteed video i've just recieved a call from the BBC confirming my audience place on question time on thursday night so my question or two needs lots of thought i have plenty to say but i need a good one to get the chance to say my piece. what would you ask the panal of esteemed guests? you never know if it'sbetter than mine i may well use it!  {-)

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: BBC Question time
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 08:22:11 pm »

After the Crewe By-Election is Gordon Brown on the way out?
With the price of petrol/diesel is it morally defensible that most of the cost is in tax?
Is it fair to penalise motorists who have cars bought from 2002, green taxes are supposed to modify behaviour and lessen emissions, how does a backdated tax do this?
With the present awareness of vehicle emissions is it defensable for ministers to have chauffeur driven large cars?

Bob
Officially a GOG.

kiteman1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Proud to be a part of the Model Boat Mayhem Forum.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 08:36:35 pm »

You could always ask about the perls that MP's tried to cover up that WE pay for and couple it to our overall taxation level of around 64% of our gross income...........

Why do MP's not give up ministerial cars if they feel so strongly about Global Warming, not to mention overseas jollies to dubious conferences in expensive hotels.

There are loads of others but I'm fed up with banging my brains out trying to get by!!!!!?

>>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 08:43:12 pm »

bbdave,
Enjoy it, I was in the audience about 18 months ago.
Try and get there early to get your question written down without rushing.
There is also a pre-run, that can be GREAT fun.
Have a GREAT time, I did.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

bbdave

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 10:49:55 pm »

going by what the young lady on the phone was saying the bulk of questions will be about the fuel situation and i have plenty to say about that  ;D i'm sure i'll not get asked and my little question wont change alot. I could ask for a new kitchen so i can invite brown for tea.

bbdave

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 05:44:02 pm »

Not sure i'll be able to make it now got to shear the sheep if the weathers dry tommorrow  :( so the world of tv may have to be denied my pressence.

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 08:29:52 am »

Become an MP Dave you can get the new kitchen on expenses then,my question would be what planet do the people who publish the inflation data live on 3.7% never more like 12%
                                                                                                                           Cheers
                                                                                                                                  Gandalf
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.