Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Margam Park Marine model club  (Read 4625 times)

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
Margam Park Marine model club
« on: December 15, 2007, 03:57:59 pm »

Are there any members of the above club on mayhem I am trying to find out about the hull of Bluebird of Chelsea at 52" in the latest marine modeler  that one of the members got from someone in Birmingham .?

thanks Peter

kenthompson

Re: Margam Park Marine model club
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 11:10:57 pm »

Hi Peter.
            the plans where a free gift in one of - model boats, or model marine international . I cant remember which??
           Anyway,  Rick Jones is a nice guy, and at the price of a pint I'm sure he will give you the information you need...Also there is  Jim Warren, he too likes a pint now and then...Bothe of thees fellows has an outstanding reputation for quality building. If you want a mentor, then these guys are a must.  Hope this gives you the urge to ask these guys,
 all the best Peter.
              Ken Thompson            (local modeller) near Margham Park...

mike_victoriabc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 11:57:53 pm »

Greetings - the plan appeared with the October 1991 Model Boats issue drawn at 1:24. I'm working on one where the plans were enlarged to give a hull length of 40 inches - a few glass hulls were done up by a fellow in the Burnaby Model Boat Club and I acquired one. Bit of a slow build here - actually did some of the deck planking over the holiday. A search on this site might bring up photos of one built by Bryan Young - it's a great looking model.
The 52 inch one sounds interesting - which issue showed it?
Regards,
Mike

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 01:00:51 am »

What i was after was the person who made the fiberglass hulls for them, The plans are no problem and I have the original article , but in the latest article they stated they got  Fiberglass hulls from a chap in Birmingham

Mike it was the Jan 08 issue showed it

thanks

Peter

kenthompson

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 05:49:44 pm »

Hi Peter, 
         Yep,     I see what you are after,
                     but if you are a member of the Margam club, would you not know Rick Jones? (show sec) (I think)
                     If so why not ask him the name of the Birmingham chap??
                              best wishes ... Ken...

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 06:03:05 pm »

Unfortunately I am not a member and live about 150 miles away but if anyone has a contact for a committee member can they PM me

thanks

Peter

Bradley

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 09:48:35 pm »

Peter,
If you have not already contacted Rick Jones come back to me and I will give you his email address.  A few years ago I was amazed by a beautiful model Dragon Class yacht on the Margam stand at the Weymouth show and it was only when I subsequently viewed my photos that I decided to follow it up.  It was only luck and by enlarging one of the photos that I could work out that it was a Margam boat.  I contacted Rick and he was more than helpful with photos etc., and I still have his email address.
Derek.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.