Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model boat club in King's Lynn area.  (Read 7293 times)

Bradley

Model boat club in King's Lynn area.
« on: April 26, 2008, 07:48:12 pm »

Does anyone know if there is a model boat club in King's Lynn or the surrounding area.  I moved into the area over 2 years ago and although there are numerous model flying clubs my searches for a model boat club have drawn a complete blank.
Derek.   :)

Rex Hunt

Re: Model boat club in King's Lynn area.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 09:12:51 pm »

You may find that your nearest is the Norwich Model Boat Club.

Meet Earlham Park Sunday mornings.
Good lake...friendly lot!

Rex

Bradley

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 09:32:10 pm »

Many thanks, Rex, but that is a 40+ miles each way trip for me and is ruled out by both distance and cost of fuel these days, even with an economical diesel car.  If there is no club in King's Lynn I am sure that, if there are a few enthusiasts, we could get together and start one.
Derek.

Pirate

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 08:43:18 am »

Ahoy Bradley tis the pirate from Grantham & District MBC,
Kings Lynn club sail at Leziate country park and can be contacted through Robert Crome who lives in Kings lynn. Drop me a e mail and I will pass on further contact details.
Happy sailing.
 Dont forget Boston has a brilliant little club and of course we run the best!!!!
You and all who sail are always welcome, we sail every Sunday at about 12 o clock onwards at The old outdoor swimming pool, Wyndham park, Grantham.

Bradley

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 11:45:58 am »

Many thanks for the information, Pirate.  The email address was correct and I have contacted Robert Crome and will shortly join their club.   :) ;)

scout

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 06:43:12 pm »

Hi Bradley you also have the Kingfishers mbc at Long Sutton and Spalding mbc at Springfields outlet shopping centre.
 Which ever club you join enjoy your sailing.

Alastair_I

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 09:40:41 pm »

Does anyone know if there is a model boat club in King's Lynn or the surrounding area.  I moved into the area over 2 years ago and although there are numerous model flying clubs my searches for a model boat club have drawn a complete blank.
Derek.   :)

Derek, I'm also in King's Lynn and looking for somewhere to get a boat on the water.. please, let me know what you find!

What I have been contemplating is using the canals in The Walks now that they are getting the park all spruced up (and walkable for me).. I just hope that they'll dredge some of the fallen branches from the water.  Even as they are now, they look navigable by slower craft.  If cleaned up they would be wonderful for a slow cruise through the park with live steam..

Al

Bradley

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 10:22:16 pm »

Hi Al,
Your idea of steam along The Walks sounds good.  I have made contact with Robert Crome who runs the club and have visited their water at Leziate Park Country Club - terrific.  Their usual meetings are Wednesday and Sunday mornings at Leziate Park and they will make you most welcome.  You can contact Rpbert at robert@rcrome.wandoo.co.uk.
Look foward to meeting you.
Derek.   :police:

Alastair_I

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 10:39:31 pm »

Thanks Derek.. I've a retro electric speedboat from my childhood I hope to get back in serviceable condition in the next week or so (needs new motor, batteries, r/c and some tlc)..

And African Queen is awaiting construction once I settle on a powerplant..  and she'll definitely be "on The Walks" :)  although I doubt she'll be in AQ-guise..

I'll drop Robert an email..

Al

Robert c

• Shipmate
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 03:22:32 pm »

Hi Everybody 
I,m Robert Crome the main contact for information about the Lynn Model Boat Club. As some of the people have already had the pleasure of meeting us at the Leziate Park Country Club and have been made most welcome. We are always on the look out for new members . The private  Lake is rather large  approx 1/4 mile wide and approx just over a mile in length Ideal for yachts but all the boats need to be very water tight for it can get rather rough out there. We meet up every Wednesday  and Sunday mornings at around 9am to 11am then go up to the country club house for a coffee etc. Only restriction is that there are no I C boats aloud on the water. For more information about becoming a member or wishing  to visit us please contact me on Kings Lynn 01553  630476 or e mail me at robert@rcrome.wanadoo.co.uk .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.