Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello - ( CalderCraft - Marie Felling ...)  (Read 3552 times)

GaryM

Hello - ( CalderCraft - Marie Felling ...)
« on: April 27, 2008, 06:18:33 pm »

Just joined and I thought I'd say Hello! O0

I'm a complete beginner and a chef - so no experience - unless the model comes with a galley!

My Calder Craft model of the Marie Felling arrived two weeks ago 1:32 scale L 43½" x 11½" single screw.  Since then I've read through umpteen sites for research, pictures and tips. 
(the instructions provided with the kit are pretty hard to follow)
The tools that I needed arrived yesterday so now I can start!  Hope you guys are receptive to questions as I have loads.

I have had a look through the site and have to say the level of craftsmanship craftpersonship is awesome.

Gary

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 07:37:38 pm »

Welcome Gary, any questions, ask away. Guaranteed loads of different answers and opinions. ;)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

GaryM

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 09:06:03 pm »

Thanks Richard O0

regards
Gary

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 09:21:49 pm »

Welcome to the Forum Gary, as Richard says, we are here to help. Don't be intimidated by what you see here, we all had to start somewhere and we know what it's like. If you have a question just ask, someone will answer! Best of luck with the Marie Felling, it makes a very attractive model.

Colin

GaryM

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 09:39:31 pm »

Thanks Colin  :)

will do - just gotta sort all the questions into alphabetical order!  ;D

regards
Gary

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 06:28:10 am »

Hi Gary

Welcome to Mayhem

If you look around the build section you will see some builds are by novices who have had difficulties. And the difficulties have been raised in the build thread as they occur. Then what you will notice is advice on how the problem can be fixed from several other members. And so one thing you could consider is a build thread of your own. This way you can get lots of advice as you go along.

Nobody will mind your lack of experience and many more seasoned modelers will also benefit from some of the tips that you will be given.

I worried at every phase of my first build. What i did find is that it is not rocket science, and even if you get something wrong, it can be redone. Even if you drill a hole in the wrong place, it can be filled and redone. Even if you don't have exactly the right sized drill bit, ...
Well I learned, it ain't rocket science.

So good luck with your build and post those questions as they occur.

Welcome again
TT
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

catengineman

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 10:14:50 am »

Welcome to Mayhem

This is the best place to learn about all those little things  (well thats what I found)

There is an enormous knowledge base within this sites members

R,

GaryM

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 12:18:49 pm »

Thanks TT and R
I will post a build log, in fact I started drilling holes yesterday - I must have checked my measurements a dozen times before putting drill to GRP  :-X :)
All went well - I took some pics and will post (as soon as I learn how to) shortly. 
Your right about this site, I'm over the moon at the respose to my queries.

thanks
Gary

catengineman

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 12:58:40 pm »

Hi Gary,

Even for the info on how to post your pictures is on here! along with how to resize them and if I remember I think it can be found on the home page.

R,

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 01:59:56 pm »

Hi Gary,
Re: Photos

1. Make a new post or click
2. Click Additional Options... under the typing area
3. Click [Browse]
4. Nnow you are in you photo folder on your computer you, then you have to find your way around to the photo you want.

NB. The photos cant be bigger than 640 x 480 & 256K per photo.

To resize AND compress your photos for the Forum.....
( You may need to download the Windows XP 'Power Toy' Image Resizer - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx? )

See:  http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=399.msg2630#msg2630

Also have a look at:  http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2277.0

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

GaryM

Thanks Catengineman and Martin
I'll have a go in a while.

Gary

GaryM

There should be  a picture here somewhere! :-\

Gary

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Taa Daa!  O0
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

GaryM

Thanks Martin  :) :) :)
Now to start a Build log - a few photos a few words.

I copied a part of a post from another site, it was a "bit of factual history" taken by the poster from a site unknown to me, would it be within MBM's rules to post it within my log - I would obviously make note that I was not the original author, or should I just leave it out?

thanks again
Gary

Roger in France

Provided there is no copyright infringement and you acknowledge your source, no problem. You need to have done the best you can to identify the original and seek permission to reproduce.

Roger in France.
Global Moderator.

GaryM

Thanks - will do :)

regards
Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.