Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lowestoft Model Boat Club  (Read 4680 times)

catengineman

Lowestoft Model Boat Club
« on: April 27, 2008, 06:58:09 pm »

I was up at my local lake today and after a few hours on my own the Lowestoft Model Boat Club came and so I thought I would post a few pictures That I took today

biggles1

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Lowestoft Model Boat Club
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 10:18:01 pm »

Hi enjoyed your pics I often visit Lowestoft holidays , days out etc. my daughter is reserching coastal erosion in the area, I have often been to your lake in the park  but never seen anyone so can anyone sail there or when do the model boat club meet?. You are spoilt for  waters your way I have visited Gorleston good model shop too, great lake at Southwold, Aldeburgh great for my clockwork Hornby  a real old fashoned pond with built up sides ideal for free running , good icecream  kiosk too. all the best Dave   

catengineman

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 10:08:13 am »

The model club meet Sundays and Wednesdays, I will post more when I know more (only met them this last Sunday) :embarrassed:

The Boat Lake at Lowestoft is Council owned and can be used by any member of the public, though when the club is there it is recognised that their rules will apply.

The boat pond at Gorlston is another great place though it is not fresh water. there are two boat lakes/ponds at Southwold one by the pier and the other almost at the river entrance the later is just a square pool along side a carpark  the pool is sometimes home to the non floating shopping trolley >>:-(
I have even sailed at Beccles, in the river

R,

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 10:36:42 am »

I went to Lowerstoft club for a FE (Fast Electric) race some time ago.
There was a  guy there that used to make GRM hulls, does he still attend the club?

I still have one of his catamarans in the loft.
It's a great hull, very sharp spray rails and very light!

I'll dig a picture out later.....
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

catengineman

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 11:01:14 am »

Well Err here is where I show how "xxxxx" I is ::)

Spent a few hours with the lads at the lake and now cant remember any of the names :(

I am to recieve a news letter from the club with ALL the names and details so I will (honest) check it out as to your question.

There was a lot of "500"'s I think  :D  Little single prop plastic 7.2 volt wiz arounds (I'm not into them) which nearly all of the chaps had, along with 1 springer, the fire boat and a couple of PoF built boats.

R,

biggles1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 10:17:08 pm »

Hi thanks for info on sailing times. I  know the small pond at southwold harbour, when ever i have passed its empty of water or full of green slime. Have you visited Lowestoft maritime museum what a great place so many superb models, mostly as you would expect steam drifters. Another little gem is the sailors reading room at Southwold at the top of the steps down to the beach, just past Adnams brewery, some great models here  also,  including some early pond yachts  all the best Dave           
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.