Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Y2K 's in action  (Read 2984 times)

BlueWotsit

• Full Mayhemer
Y2K 's in action
« on: April 27, 2008, 07:30:26 pm »

For people considering a Y2K model, which can be scratchbuilt on fibreglass hull to whatever design required, here are a few action shots of different models.

bbdave

Re: Y2K 's in action
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 12:00:55 am »

Hi bluewotsit tell me more these look cracking little boats whats the dimensions etc??

BJH

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:38:30 am »

Thanks  for the Photos BlueWotsit,  any more please ? 

I have a Y2K hull in my garage waiting for me to get started on it so this is the sort of thing  I need to inspire me to get going.

For your information bbdave:-

Dimensions of the Hull are 873mm long by 354mm beam  by approx 200mm height. The plan supplied with it shows a mast height of 870mm.

for further information look at Mike Mayhews website  www.waverleymodels.co.uk .  When I bought my hull last October (2007)  it was £58 + 15 carriage.  If  you do a search of "Y2K" on this forum you will find some other information.

BJH

BlueWotsit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 02:49:31 pm »

Hi guys - those dimensions are correct, and Mike Mayhew has sold many many hulls over the years. I've got rather a lot of pictures, but will sort a few more out shortly as they represent an excellent and easy boat to build, and versatile in most sailing conditions.

Anyone thinking of building a sailing boat would find this a very good project. I'm currently making another one, but instead of having internal ballast, this time I have made and fitted an extended keel, it will be interesting to see if there is any difference in sailing ability.

As with all sailing boats, it is very important to make the sails carefully and of a good quality cloth - I must confess as I am no good with a sewing machine, I purchased a set from a fellow club member, who has made sails for the Y2k and many other boats and sold them to modellers all around the world. Not cheap but most certainly worth the investment - I also have his sails on my Pilot Cutter and its performance is better than others with home made sails.

BlueWotsit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 11:35:38 am »

Few more pics taken this morning
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.