Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boat Transport Trolley  (Read 26002 times)

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Boat Transport Trolley
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2020, 01:13:18 PM »

Very old topic but found this on Facebook!

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!"    -   Mayhem FaceBook Group!

BeeJay UK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Norfolk 'n Good
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2020, 02:36:50 PM »

Reading this topic made me think. I have got one of these folding trollies laying around doing nothing, I used to use it to lug all my First Aid training equipment around. It has done me well but as I have retired from training it just sits there. Folded up it easily fits behind my drivers seat.

Now if I drop a removable ply board in the bottom with padded 'vees' to cushion the hull it should work fine. OK it won't take massive boats but at 1.16m x 0.54m it will fit a lot of boats easily. I guess it could be modified into a 'double decker' trolley.

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2020, 05:39:20 PM »

Several of my club mates use exactly that trolley.  As you say, a ply base will help a lot although several smallboats will fit in there without any modification.  One person has added an overhanging (lengthwise) top to carry a boat that is slightly too long to fit inside.  I keep meaning to get one myself as they seem to be a really versatile carrier for a range of boats.

Greg

BeeJay UK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Norfolk 'n Good
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2020, 05:53:34 PM »

About thirty seven quid on Ebay. Not cheap but I've abused mine for about 10 years & it's still going strong.

I've just dragged mine out of the garage and was amazed by what lurked in the bottom. A pack of mini pork pies, 7 months out of date (complete with blue fur coat), a couple of Kit-Kats and some rather sticky jelly sweets plus about 7 pens. I think that should all go in the bin. Too late, one of the dogs has just had one of the Kit-Kats.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2020, 08:12:39 PM »

I expect the Kitkats were alright if properly sealed Beejay! It's nice to see Kenny's name pop up again in the topic author's box. I miss his interesting and challenging builds.

I like the trolleys but do think the slightly older one is a little overengineered (His pork pies would be quite sentient with life forms now!)
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up