The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Any Other Builds

Boat Transport Trolley

<< < (17/17)

derekwarner:
What Professionals  :o ....[couldn't park a Bus in a parking station >>:-( ]....imagine if there was a 2 m swell  {-)

JimW:

--- Quote from: Tug-Kenny RIP on April 27, 2008, 09:49:43 pm ---Here's a subject not covered much. 

Has anyone built a trolley to convey their craft to the lake.  ;D

I have just spent two days building mine to transport my Boston Typhoon. This came about because I weighed her after the testing tank setting up to the waterline and balancing the sideways tilt fully loaded.

The total weight is now 3 stones, (or 42 pounds) and I nearly fell into the pond by lifting her out.  The pond is a recent acquisition from Wilkinsons and is featured in the 'Bargains' section.

The trolley comprises a set of Golf trolley wheels and handle, fitted onto a wooden board. Atop this is a standard boat cradle, glued and screwed down. It has it's first coat of paint and when finished, will be padded out to accommodate the boat. I have prevented tipping sideways by struts above the wheels. I don't want it to fall over on the corners.  ;)  I know it looks a long beast but the boat is 5 foot long anyhow. The handle folds back and the wheels tuck under the carriage, so it fits into the car with the boat.

Let's see your inventions.  :)

Ken

--- End quote ---

Re this transport article…. In year 2006 having retired for 2nd time we moved home from London up to Fakenham in Norfolk, our new property was devoid of building ‘shed’ so a 4 roomed wood structure was built that would serve as my refuge and allow me to get away from life’s problems and build my first ARTB scale model of the uk RN fleet named LOYAL MODERATOR, this was built over several months complete with all ‘bells & whistles’ into the bargain, visiting Norwich Boat Club’s pond the craft was sailed in competitions and such while the next build got underway.

Visits to the pond became less frequent due to the long walk from parked car to pond carrying the 30lb boat which was a killer, on the club notice board was a for sale ad for a collapsible child's push chair in very good condition for £25 which I bought at first sight feeling and very pleased at my acquisition. Once home the unwanted superstructure was removed and replaced by a platform with hold-down straps and suitable padding, the beauty of this push chair is that all its wheels swivel 360 deg.making movement in tight spaces very easy and handle bars can be folded with the boat still in place.

Jim

TheLongBuild:
Any pictures ?

JimW:
Sorry, at the moment I’m medically immobile with half a heart so can’t walk up to my shed for anything, life’s just a bit difficult.

Sorry once again.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version