Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boat Transport Trolley  (Read 40487 times)

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
Re: Boat Transport Trolley
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2021, 02:41:42 pm »

The big problem I'm seeing is which do you fit in the car - the model boat or the trolley?     With most of these is looks like it's one or the other - or buy a van.    {-)

It's almost like "if it's big enough to need a trolley, then both won't fit in the car".   :-))

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2021, 07:59:30 pm »

Hi all:
I found a yacht transport trolley to be towed by a bicycle at the waterfront of our local lake as seen in the pic.  %%

with the wheels that type and size, the yacht has to be well constructed to survive the bone shaking trip
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Buccaneer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2021, 12:16:04 pm »

I have a modified shopping trolley. I am sure that I saw it originally on this forum. It cost £10, or perhaps it was only £5, in the local Surplus Store. Take the Bag off, put some pipe insulating foam on and away you go. Our Lake at Poole has concrete wall edges which I simply roll the trolley down into the water - no bending down! Weight is 1.2 Kg.
John

Buccaneer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2021, 12:18:33 pm »

Let's try again and get the picture upright!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2021, 02:04:13 am »

This is my latest launch & recovery system....

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2021, 06:49:04 am »

What Professionals  :o ....[couldn't park a Bus in a parking station >>:-( ]....imagine if there was a 2 m swell  {-)
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

JimW

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2023, 09:37:41 am »

Here's a subject not covered much. 

Has anyone built a trolley to convey their craft to the lake.  ;D

I have just spent two days building mine to transport my Boston Typhoon. This came about because I weighed her after the testing tank setting up to the waterline and balancing the sideways tilt fully loaded.

The total weight is now 3 stones, (or 42 pounds) and I nearly fell into the pond by lifting her out.  The pond is a recent acquisition from Wilkinsons and is featured in the 'Bargains' section.

The trolley comprises a set of Golf trolley wheels and handle, fitted onto a wooden board. Atop this is a standard boat cradle, glued and screwed down. It has it's first coat of paint and when finished, will be padded out to accommodate the boat. I have prevented tipping sideways by struts above the wheels. I don't want it to fall over on the corners.  ;)  I know it looks a long beast but the boat is 5 foot long anyhow. The handle folds back and the wheels tuck under the carriage, so it fits into the car with the boat.

Let's see your inventions.  :)

Ken

Re this transport article…. In year 2006 having retired for 2nd time we moved home from London up to Fakenham in Norfolk, our new property was devoid of building ‘shed’ so a 4 roomed wood structure was built that would serve as my refuge and allow me to get away from life’s problems and build my first ARTB scale model of the uk RN fleet named LOYAL MODERATOR, this was built over several months complete with all ‘bells & whistles’ into the bargain, visiting Norwich Boat Club’s pond the craft was sailed in competitions and such while the next build got underway.

Visits to the pond became less frequent due to the long walk from parked car to pond carrying the 30lb boat which was a killer, on the club notice board was a for sale ad for a collapsible child's push chair in very good condition for £25 which I bought at first sight feeling and very pleased at my acquisition. Once home the unwanted superstructure was removed and replaced by a platform with hold-down straps and suitable padding, the beauty of this push chair is that all its wheels swivel 360 deg.making movement in tight spaces very easy and handle bars can be folded with the boat still in place.

Jim
Loyal Moderator, 2 Aerokits 34” Fire tenders,
1 48” Vosper Fire Tender.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2023, 10:30:32 am »

Any pictures ?

JimW

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2023, 12:21:09 pm »

Sorry, at the moment I’m medically immobile with half a heart so can’t walk up to my shed for anything, life’s just a bit difficult.

Sorry once again.

Jim
Loyal Moderator, 2 Aerokits 34” Fire tenders,
1 48” Vosper Fire Tender.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.