Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boat transport Mk2  (Read 2382 times)

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
Boat transport Mk2
« on: May 01, 2008, 02:21:22 pm »

Thought i would post my version of a boat transporter ,so here we go.
I built this trailer not with the intention just for moving my boats to the pond ,but as a utillity trailer for shifting anything and everything .
I have had nearly 250kg's on it in the form of chipboard but i dont have a photo to prove it ,but i do have this one ,an earlier trailer when i over loaded it a bit :embarrassed:

But we live and learn from our mistakes ,mine being too greedy and the load been supported on the front and back and not the bed.
but back to the trailer in question .
Dimentions :-
trailer bed 38.5" long 29.5"wide
overall 42.5"long 32.5" wide
now i did say this was an ajustable trailer and so it is ,the wheels flip over to the rear and the draw bar slides out .
extended dimentions for the bed.
52" from the draw bar to the center of the axle , and with that i can comfortably carry a load 12 feet long ,eg lengths of timber.
The frame is made from box section from an office furniture manufactuer (the skips) welded together and the axle is simular steel box with a piece of flat bar for strength welded between centers ,this is pivoted from the frame and a pair of shock absorbers from mountain bikes are fitted to absorb well shocks  ::) .
the draw bar is two pieces of box steel that slide in to each other , the larger one welded to the underside front of the trailer in the center and drilled so the inner box can be bolted .
The rest of the draw bar is made to suit the bike which it is to be attached and welded together .
The wheels are from the wheelchair center and are just bolted on to the axle ,i did buy the tyres as the original ones were perrished  although i could have fitted solids but at the expence of comfort of ride .
And the other thing on the bed is  a rope box ,hope you like it  as it has served me for the last 4 years

daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

OMK

Re: Boat transport Mk2
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 03:49:54 pm »

Excellent stuff.
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.42 seconds with 22 queries.