Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tugboat Storfinn/Otto  (Read 1531 times)

finnboat

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Tugboat Storfinn/Otto
« on: May 11, 2020, 08:08:50 pm »

My latest build, Tugboat former "Storfinn" now Otto. Working navigation lights, deck lights and instrumental lights and smoke generator and sound module... Balsa covered whit a stocking and alphatic recin, and little ply. My New build starting now will be a barge from a photo...

RST

Re: Tugboat Storfinn/Otto
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 10:22:46 pm »

Love it. Just my liking of a subject. Am impressed with the HIAB also, keep trying to make them and they never come out right. Trying to print one from a 3d file and on 5th attempt now, so HIABS continue to be my nemesis!

Rich

RST

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 10:28:09 pm »

Also, thought I recognised bits of it. Is this the base?...

http://www.lidwallsbatar.se/nr%20350.html

hama

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 09:25:01 am »

Very nice tug model! Lots of charm. And good of Rich to find the history of her :-))
Hama

finnboat

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 07:19:42 pm »

Thank You for the kind words! Yes it is a"Lindvalls" boat, impressed that You Rich found the manufacturer so fast! I had forgotten to post the link...The HIAB is a Italeri 1:24 3854 Truck accesories https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-3854-truck-accessories-ii--101778  I Tried at first to make my own working model from plasticard whit  two threaded rods and nuts and two micro geared motors as hydraulic cylinders... but when I tried it first time after 2 - 3 weeks( of gluing and trying and gluing again and again...) the hole crane broke into pieces... Then I stopped and bought the italeri... The micro geared motor and threaded rod is incredable strong and the scale is to small for me to get it working.

Hande

• Full Mayhemer
  • Dream being fulfilled after 47 years.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 06:11:26 am »

Nice to have one with documented history  O0
There is a sentiment of genuine atmosphere in the steering house - details with good taste.
Good job!

Not many realise that ”Storfinn” translates into ”Big Finn”
Trial-and-error doesn't spell failure - right?

RST

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 11:08:32 pm »

Thank You for the kind words! Yes it is a"Lindvalls" boat, impressed that You Rich found the manufacturer so fast! I had forgotten to post the link...The HIAB is a Italeri 1:24 3854 Truck accesories https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-3854-truck-accessories-ii--101778  I Tried at first to make my own working model from plasticard whit  two threaded rods and nuts and two micro geared motors as hydraulic cylinders... but when I tried it first time after 2 - 3 weeks( of gluing and trying and gluing again and again...) the hole crane broke into pieces... Then I stopped and bought the italeri... The micro geared motor and threaded rod is incredable strong and the scale is to small for me to get it working.
....I chated a) I'd already recognised it somewhere by chance b) basic stuff not picked up on these days is you already confirmed the name so I googled it rater than sit and wait as was sure I'd seen it before.

Not many realise that ”Storfinn” translates into ”Big Finn”
I would believe that, I spent 8 months-ish in Pori but what I picked up of the language I forgot now.  Teribile time in Pori.  I'm sure the country elsewhere is better than my experience of it -quite an unfriendly place to work or be in, never got to see much else of the country which I regret since, but wouldn't go back now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 23 queries.