Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Break in  (Read 12197 times)

Garabaldy

Re: Break in
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2008, 06:24:10 pm »

i couldnt disagree with you more Roy.  But everyones entitled to their own opinion.  :-)

And this from a man who thinks that painting someones wall with graffitti should not be a crime!!!!I give up...

oh come on.... I never said that. Im just debating.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2010, 05:14:53 am »

An update to the saga of our destroyed storage container and its replacement.

It was always our intention to have a mural painted on the new container, but we were waiting on a contribution from the local council. They had agreed to give us $1000, to come out of the 2009 / 2010 grants money, to be paid on completion of the work. We had engaged a local artist, but he had to pull out for personal reasons, so we then had to find a substitute and, let me tell you, mural artists are not exactly plentiful. However, to cut a long story short, we eventually found one, Paul Paitson, and he has almost completed the work, which had to be paid for by the end of the 09/10 financial year. We are absolutely thrilled with the result, some photos of which are below, and the council has honoured its promise and given us the $1000.

The photos speak for themselves.

Peter.

barryfoote

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2010, 07:31:54 am »

Peter,

Is that you in the blue shirt?

A beautiful job done for only a grand!! :-)) :-))

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2010, 11:18:26 pm »

Is that you in the blue shirt?
A beautiful job done for only a grand!! :-)) :-))

It could be, Barry %) , some of the club members say it is :-) although the artist is non-committal.

The mural actually cost $1500, but our club only had to pay $500, as the council paid the rest under their "Community Grants" scheme.

Peter.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2010, 11:26:56 pm »

Is the pelican on 2.4ghz?

Colin

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2010, 11:37:59 pm »

{-) {-) It's free flight, I think  :-)

When I was speaking to the artist, prior to him commencing the work, he said that he would include some birds, perhaps a pelican. I told him that I had never actually seen a pelican on the lake while we were sailing. About 2 minutes after my comment, one landed gracefully, giving the lie to my remark, so we both took photos, and it became a part of the mural.

Peter.

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2010, 10:29:12 am »

Never under-estimate the fair sex gentleman .............' Hell hath no fury.' etc. Was this felon male???  :o  Perhaps a member's disgruntled or lonely wife/partner or sweetheart felt driven to the edge of reason and despair <*<  by her Romeo spending too much time  on buoyant affairs  %) and has flipped  :o, causing mayhem in paradise?

Nordsee

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2010, 08:25:23 pm »

As regards assuming it was Young People ( I hate the expression Kids!!), a few years ago my son had a Model shop in Folkestone. On the Anniversary of D Day ( That is where we British had a Secondary Role to the Yanks) he made a large Diorama with many Models, some borrowed from local Clubs. He had Close circuit Video and next morning saw to his despair that the Shop window had been smashed and the models destroyed or stolen. When he ran the Video tapes for the Police, it wasn't a group of Young People, but three adults, between 40 and 50 years old, who came equipped with a sledge hammer, just to destroy the Display. Why may one ask? Being drunk is the normal excuse, but even so, why did they obviously plan the deed, get the heavy hammer and smash everything?

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2010, 10:49:19 pm »

. Why may one ask? Being drunk is the normal excuse, but even so, why did they obviously plan the deed, get the heavy hammer and smash everything?

Hazarding a guess, perhaps repressed feelings of envy and jealousy    O0 <:(

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2010, 11:07:37 pm »

As an aside, some years ago, early 80's, was involved with strengthening/changing public telephones in Queensland, to make them vandal resistant.
The manufacturer, Japanese, was astounded and could not comprehend what was vandalism,  >>:-( <*<  as no such thing existed in Japan at the time.  O0
Nowdays it is a different story.   <:( <:( <:( <:(

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2010, 11:32:09 pm »

I seriously doubt the offenders were young people, as the force required to cut through the high tensile steel lock would have been considerable. More likely someone thinking that there were tools in the container and, on discovering model boat related items, set fire to the lot  >>:-(

Peter.

Dueller

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2010, 01:26:49 am »

Just a little on the CCTV idea.

I could show that this youth was damaging MY property but I would not be able to use it in the courts because it was against HIS civil liberty etc etc

R,

It's not illegal to set up and use cctv on your own property and is not covered by the data protection act like buisnesses are, also you can film and photograph in a public place "pavement".

I took some photo's of some kids causing problems to some shops. They called the police and the police officer told me i had to delete them, which i did. Later i spoke to my brother who is a police sargeant and he told me the officer had no right to make me delete them and the order can only be made by a court as i took them in a public place even though it was from my garden, the subject was in a public place.

From the governments own web site

"Images of people are covered by the Data Protection Act, and so is information about people which is derived from images – for example, vehicle registration numbers. Most uses of CCTV by organisations or businesses will be covered by the Act, regardless of the number of cameras or how sophisticated the equipment is.

The Data Protection Act does not apply to individuals’ private or household purposes. So if you install a camera on your own home to protect it from burglary, the Act will not apply."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.