Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aerokits Sea Nymph  (Read 6682 times)

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
Aerokits Sea Nymph
« on: May 09, 2008, 11:45:53 pm »

During my enquiries about Aerokits Sea Hornet (a build thread for that will be coming ) I was asked if i could provide a copy of the plan in exchange for another Aerokits plan, a Sea Nymph. The deed was done and the plan has been sitting in the 'filing system' waiting for the other builds (Springers) to come to a close so it can get to the building board.

The Sea Nymph is 18" long by 6 1/4" beam and was originally designed for a .5 - 1cc diesel...

The plan seemed to follow most of the Aerokits way of construction, and was a fairly fast and easy build. I altered the cabin area slightly to give a more scale like appearance.. to make it look a little more like a Fairey Huntress... just like the one used by JB in 'From Russia with Love'. .. and complete with the extra fuel barrels.

'Huntress' is now complete and has just had her first 'sea trials'... These are a few pics of the construction.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Aerokits Sea Nymph
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 01:49:59 am »

Isn't that a charming boat.

Well done sir!

Martin  O0
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

djrobbo

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 12:26:40 pm »

Hi toes..............wish i had known you were doing that ..as we have the real huntress from the film in our boat museum, where we sail , i could have got you loads of piccies..............still can if you want them.

regards.....bob.

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 04:49:48 pm »

...wish i had known you were doing that ..as we have the real huntress from the film in our boat museum, where we sail , i could have got you loads of piccies..............still can if you want them.

Oh... oh... oh....
I found some pics on the net DJ and downloaded the Youtube part of the film to study.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0-yjdFxT9U
Yes please, some more pics would always be useful.. and I'm sure others would like to see more of this lovely boat..

mikearace

From Russia with Love - Fairey Huntress
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 11:34:25 am »

Okay can someone tell me Im not going mad?

There is a clip on you tube taken from Russia with Love.  James Bond in a Fairey Huntress with the oil barrel scene.

Now From Russia With Love was shot in 63 I believe.

View the clip and at 1min and 11 seconds into the clip why does it show a full on shot of invincible or lust or the ark and also the bows of a second one in the background?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0-yjdFxT9U

The Huntress in that shot also has blue side panels and not all white.

Can only assume that the digital remastering including new additional footage.

philk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 11:26:13 pm »

must have used a star trek transporter to jump from turkey to portsmouth and back like that

pugwash

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 12:19:50 am »

They were supposed to be travelling from Istria(Croatia) to Venice - you might have thought an RN Commander would have known
the shortest route aint via Pompey - also they must have strange bullets from firing directly behind they manage to put holes in
the side of the fuel drums. But it is James Bond so nobody minds these little idiosyncrasies.

Geoff

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 09:16:25 am »

Sadly the Wat Tyler boat Museum is closed and empty Im not sure where this boat went. Finding homes for
full size Boats can be hard. John.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.