The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Springer Tugs

MONSTER SPRINGER

(1/4) > >>

Marks Model Bits:
My wife decided she did not want to be left out of all the fun and she decided to build a Springer tug for herself!!!! O0 O0 ;) ;)
She nicked one of my springer hulls I had going spare and built this in a couple of days using a Tamiya body shell from a monster truck. We thought this might be appropriate as she has always wanted one of these trucks to drive every day.
Hope you all like it.

Mark. (and Angie)

Tug-Kenny RIP:

Nice one Angie. Do the wheels touch the water. It's difficult to see the level from your pictures.

Cheers
Ken

Arrow5:
Wheee!!!!  yup I reckon the wheels will touch OK. Hope they spin too. Me old mate Sandy `s "Spreep" had only half wheels to cut down drag and one central screw which allowed the wheels to rotate, sometimes, when moving.  Be great to have 4 wheel drive and a flurry of spray coming off them.  Some suspension details would be good too, dowels and springs etc. in chrome or orange then dull down "cabin" support with grey. Fun effort from the Missus , well done Angie.

Shipmate60:
Mark,
You can tell Angie from me you dont need a boat hull to "flood" the engine,  {-)

Bob, ducking behind my chair!!!

Marks Model Bits:
ha ha i haven't tested it on the water yet hopefully the wheels will clear it but i thought i would build one for a laugh and test it at mayhem weekend if it drags it drags at leasest i have had a go at buildind one and i know i should have put a v8 in it then look out all of you. ang

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version