Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Wireing 2 Batteries 1 Motor  (Read 1791 times)

GaryM

First Wireing 2 Batteries 1 Motor
« on: May 12, 2008, 10:35:14 pm »

Hi
I know less about electrics than I do about modeling and I only started modeling 5 weeks ago.
I'm about to get my electrics up and running :-\ 
My boat is the Marie Felling Single Screw.

Am I right with this :-
1.  2 x BATTERIES.  From POS to POS and NEG to NEG.  Connecting both BATTERIES.  (12v sealed lead)
2.  Two wires to ESC, (ACTion P93) from the BATTERY with a fuse board in line, (ACTion P91) on POS wire.
3.  Two wires to ESC, from Motor.
4.  Wire from ESC. (fitted)  Connected to connector from RECIEVER.
5.  RECIVER Socket - 'battery slot', connected to i) BATTERY. (supplied)  ii) ESC - with ON / OFF switch in line, connected to ESC.
5.  Servos connected as needed.

I've read through the posts on electrics, all seem to be of relevance and well structured, but not what I can digest, with my very limited knowledge  :o
I guess I'm a little paranoid :D  Reading through the numerous posts showing what you guys have achieved is truly fantastic and makes me want to ask more and more questions, in more detail that the last.

regards
Gary :)

PS Do I need BEC?  (whatever it means)

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
Re: First Wireing 2 Batteries 1 Motor
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 11:33:48 pm »

BEC is Battery Elimination Circuit.

an Electronic speed controller that has a BEC built in enables you to not use the 4.8v rx pack that comes with your radio.
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

Stavros

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 11:39:27 pm »

Step 1     O0
       2     O0     Don't you mean a p95 indicator fuse board???? as the p91 is a switcher
       3      O0    But put a fuse on the poss feed to the motor it will protect the esc should you foul on a rope or whatever
       4      O0
       5      O0
       5      O0

As far as I can see you are corretc as far as BEC is concerned you don't need it as you don't have a Bec on the speed controller.Right what does bec do what is it right bec stands for Battery Elimination Circuit right what that basically means is very simple.With a BEC type speed controller such as Mtronics you would not need to use the separate batt holder with a switch that you have got,WHY because the Mtronics has bec in the circuit board and when you connect it to your receiver it send a 5v power down the wires to the connection in the receiver(the one from the speed controller ) thus powering the receiver.If you are at all lost after this well I am contact FLJ at Action.I dare say he will comment or even the wonderfull Wombat PMK even!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on help the lad

Stavros

GaryM

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 12:28:42 am »

Thanks Ghost in the Shell, Stavros and FLJ.
The pieces are coming together, albeit slowly!

thanks again

regards
Gary

GaryM

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 10:38:12 am »

Thanks FLJ :) :)
Sorted! -  O0

Gary :) :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.