Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My ARIF  (Read 4610 times)

ianb

• Full Mayhemer
My ARIF
« on: May 19, 2008, 01:56:57 pm »

Well, she's finished (almost) at last, so, with not a little trepidation, here are a few photographs of the lady.

I must acknowledge the amount of information, advice, and answers I received and gleaned from this forum. What an asset!

The build has taken me three years, off and on, and I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute spent in construction. From now on I'll have the pleasure of sailing her.

So, without further ado, here she is, mistakes and all.

Ian

The 2nd last photo shows the wave pattern. Looks OK to me, but I'm not really qualified to judge. Sorry about the quality, its hard to operate the R/c with one hand and take a photo with the other.

ianb

• Full Mayhemer
Re: My ARIF
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 02:07:08 pm »

Further to the above:
I'm using the JJC sound unit with slaves for twin Turbo Cat and horn sounds. The sound is really impressive and the level seems to be just right whether at the pond edge in front of me or out in the middle. The pitches are slightly different at speed and I can hear a lovely resonant rumble.

The last photo shows the cherry blossoms that have now been blown into the pond. Looks rather messy!

Ian

a3nige

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 02:32:34 pm »

Lovely neat job, nice one  O0

Nige
"You're a hard person to ignore, but well worth the effort !"

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 09:24:24 pm »

Now that's the way to do it. You should be proud of her. It's a lovely model. Well done

Ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

hama

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 09:57:16 pm »

Very nice! Both cherry blossom and wavepattern looks great if you ask me.
Congratulations on a nice build!
Hama

ianb

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 10:56:56 am »

Thank you all very much for your kind words.

Very much appreciated.

Now what shall I start building this winter.............hmm?

Ian

GaryM

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 01:09:39 am »

Beautiful  Model :)

regards
Gary

grzegorz75

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 08:12:18 am »

Beautiful boat  O0 . My next model is Azis /Arif . I have this kit .  8)

crzydoyle11

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 02:57:47 am »

I have to say that is a mighty nice boat" I am also in the mets of building a Aziz. Have just one Queston on the sound unit\Fog horn watch I have also put in to my Boat. Did you have a problem with fog horn Keep going off about every 10 to 20 seconds. And keeps doing that. If so, and if you know is that normal for it just keep going off no matter what? I ask this because it drive me nuts with this. I love the turbo cat sound I find it to be a great add on to the build. Just wanted  if that is a normal thing for the Fog Horn to do keep going off about every 10 to 20 seconds.  I am thinking I did something wrong, when I program the Fog horn sound, please let me know thank you much. ianb or if any one else that may read this and know the answer to this question. here is a one picture of it.

middo

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 07:35:44 am »

Superb model & location pics wow

............Jim.....................

ianb

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 01:47:51 pm »

Crazydoyle,

Thank you for the words of praise, but after looking at the photos of your Aziz, I think your're doing a far better job.

I have the JJC turbo cat master, 1 more turbo cat slave and a horn module, and I can honestly say that they all (so far) perform very well. The engine sounds are Y-ed into the Rx outputs for the 2 ESC's and the horn is operated from a separate dedicated channel (2 position switch on the Tx). The instructions describe the procedure for selecting the horn sound desired from the choice of 3 that are built in to the module. Did you make this initial selection as per the instructions? Other than that I have no idea as to why the Fog Horn should go off by itself, sorry.

If you need a copy of the original instructions, I can try and scan them and e-mail them to you. Let me know.

Jim and GaryM

Thank you also for your kind comments.

Cheers
Ian

crzydoyle11

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 09:15:06 pm »

OK thanks Ian for the offer of emailing me the Instruction, but I still have the instruction from the fog horn unit so I am guessing I may just have a bad unit than. Again Ian thanks for your input. And have fun with your boat. I am looking forward to putting my in water soon. Happy sailing man.  O0

Captain Jack

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 04:01:14 pm »

Beautiful job, any chance you might get some videos of her underway. With the sound module it would make for an interesting video....

Captain Jack

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 05:10:18 pm »

Foghorns on real vessels are set to go off at  designated intervals. If yours is set to the "on" position at all times, the pattern you are getting is probably normal.

TugCowboy

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 08:30:37 pm »

Looks brilliant, you must be very proud

Alex

crzydoyle11

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 08:36:06 am »

Ok Ianb and guys here is one video of the Aziz just click on the link. The fog horn was not hook in just yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoMDeC95fn8 there is also two other small video shots of the boat as well.
I have to stay Ianb after looking at your lay out of the inside of your boat I like much more than mying.  O0

TugCowboy

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 10:18:21 am »

Looking good Doyle!

Alex

crzydoyle11

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 05:46:59 pm »

Thanks tugcowbaoy I am trying to as good you guys are. Agian Thank you  ;)

ianb

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 12:52:54 pm »

I really thank you all for your words of encouragement and praise, for what I feel are rather modest efforts on my part.

Usually, seeing the photos of other people's work on this site makes me realize just how much I have to improve.

The Arif is a real delight to see and sail on my little pond and I believe that Model Slipway should get most of the credit for making such a fine kit. I only assembled her as per the plans and instructions. Even though I live in Japan, I don't have a video camera, so I can't post a video on Youtube. Sorry, stills only. Technologically illiterate, I guess.

And I have learned an awful lot from this forum.

A sincere "thank you"!

Ian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.