Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crusader 3  (Read 2374 times)

andyn

Crusader 3
« on: May 19, 2008, 10:46:46 pm »

Does anyone out there with a crusader 3 know where the centre of gravity should be?

Thanks

Andy

omra85

Re: Crusader 3
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 10:56:14 pm »

Andy - see PM
Danny

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 03:06:38 pm »

Hi Danny
Good to here you are still out there! Andy is a Stevenage model boat club member and live very close to me. one way or the other we will get him shorted. He was the young lad that nearly took a hit in our rescue boat at the OMRA day.  He seems to have got the bug to build a OMRA boat.
See you at Kingsbury if I can get there.
Bill Warder. O0
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

omra85

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 09:07:31 pm »

Hi Bill
So Andy's seen them up close then  {-)
Should be an "interesting" build - about 22.5cc over the design size - I didn't think that Stevenage was that long  ::) ::)
Nothing like a good challenge.

Hope you can make Kingsbury - are you going to show off at Wicksteed this weekend?
I may be able to get over on Sunday to actually see some of these reprobates (having already met DickyD). Sounds like fun and I bet Simon sneaks up with his scaly things  O0

Danny

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 03:03:06 pm »

Hi Danny
Not sure now if I will make it up to Wicksteed park. When I asked if there was any trade stands etc i was told No. I don't think my Makara is up to show standard, so will prob end up just taking it the lake here on Sunday for a run. As for Andy???? What size lump should it run on?
Cheers for now
Bill
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

omra85

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 07:24:56 pm »

Hi Bill
There are no trade stands as such due to park rules but there will be traders there who will take orders (I'd ask for a delivery to just outside the park gates ......  don't know if they do that kind of thing though )  ::)
Whats all this modesty - you won 'concours' at Bristol a couple of weeks ago!  If thats not show standard, mine would have NO chance apart from creating a good laugh.  I might pop over for a couple of hours on Sunday just to put faces to names.

Andy says he has the Crusader 3, which was developed from the Crusader 1 (the Crusader 2 is actually bigger as it was designed for 7.5cc).  It is best for a racing 3.5cc on a gearbox or a straight drive 7.5cc.  At the very most a sports 10cc engine like a SC or MDS.  Trying to shoehorn a Zenoah in will result in 1) no room and 2) no turning ability.  It would be ballistic in a straight line which is why I joked about the size of Stevenage.

Danny

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 07:40:10 pm »

Hi Danny
Ah I see. I think he may have put his old Merco 61 in it. Last time I saw it running ,was without any manifold let alone tuned pipe. Needless to say I told him to take it off the water.
Bill

ids987

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 10:24:20 am »

Andrew,

Good to see you on Mayhem....
Are you at Fairlands on Sunday ? I plan to be there, and will try (again) to remember to bring down the Merco .61 I promised you so long ago - with manifold.

Ian

andyn

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 11:40:38 am »

Ah hello Ian, I shall be down the lake sunday but only for a short time, if I'm not there when you get there, could you give it to Bill or Greg? Thanks mate nice to here from you O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.