Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Models By Design fishing boats?  (Read 13487 times)

nhp651

Re: Models By Design fishing boats?
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 04:24:55 pm »

cheers, Davie. didn't realise that.neil.

Bradley

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »

If you have a look at the Cygnus website you will find that there are still some details of their boats.  I get the impression that the GM32 moulds are now owned by Heards, who are boatbuilders in the same area.  Don't know whether they have a website, haven't tried.
Derek.   :police:

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 05:09:36 pm »

hi davie tait ( was that ernie that pased away ??)
regards ray

Bradley

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 05:24:56 pm »

Ray,
It is mentioned on the Cygnus website (www.cygnusmarine.co.uk) that Ernie Cooke was killed in a road accident on 11th May.
Derek.   :police:

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 08:25:23 pm »

hi bradley thats very sad news  (when i turned up at the boat yard  with my model ernie took the time to come out & look at my model  & then showed me round the whole yard (nowhere was out of bound's) in the main office he showed me other models) a true nice man!   
regards ray

offshore1987

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 03:35:10 pm »

righto well me dad went and had alook and liked it so... heres some pics, ( sorry they are abit big )

As you can see its a nice size next to me TT fishing boat, the new one has geared motor nice big brass i think prop, servo and batt, just needs reciver and im not to sure if it needs a speed controler not looked yet lol he got it for a good price. It also has lights and radar thingy that is ment to work but havnt tryed it yet, when i can get to the model shop that sells the specktum sets im going to get two one for my tito and one for his new fishing boat :)

This fishing boat dos bob about alot imo so not sure how its going to look on the lake, only time will tell, just needs cleaning up and should be a good boat, it dos look well made i.e the hull and things, so credit to Models by design, i may get one of the newer ones later on as they seem nice models

All the best and thanks for the help guys  O0

offshore1987

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 12:33:42 am »

Would anyone know what votage the radar is? I cant seem to find it on there website  ???

all the best

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 07:02:57 am »

hi offshore1987  it could be from 1.5volt  to   6volt   depending on what motor it is??     i use the small robbe one's thay are 6volt (thay come in 3 gearings  250/1    500/1      1000/1 )       the one i use in all my boats is 500/1 on 6volts   
regards ray111

offshore1987

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 11:09:22 pm »

Thanks for that ray111  O0

Just showed him your boat and hes very impressed, Just some questions, on where you got most of your fittings and things, where about did you get them?  :)

also will you have the boat maybe at this weekends thing? alford i think it is? Would be good to see if you have it there :)

All the best

bbdave

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 12:17:19 am »

I saw Rays Cygnus at wicksteed and what a very nice model she was, i always get a kind of jelous feeling when i look at models built this well  O0.

`

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 06:38:30 am »

hi offshore 1987 the fish boxe's & some of the fittings were scrach built   yes ill be there at alfold show   sat/sun    regards ray
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.