Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scary stuff  (Read 2489 times)

sinjon

• Sinjon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Scary stuff
« on: May 26, 2008, 04:34:11 pm »

We are just back from a weekend in France, SAINT-VALERY-SUR-SOMME really lovely. Took a ride on a little narrow gauge train to LE CROTOY. Fabulous lunch out in the sun, then a little walk around the town Came across a little shop with enough knives/daggers to start a small war, the other side of the window was full of hand guns, I assume replicas, they certainly looked pretty fearsome, then my wife noticed a knuckle duster - four rings with a bar across the front. the piece de resistance was the baseball bat casually leaning to one side - and no, it was not a sports shop.
This was a sea side shop selling goods to harm if not maim, even kill - Scary stuff.

Colin
Colin

BobF

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Scary stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 05:33:37 pm »

We've got a shop like that on the front in Bridlington.

With a sale on to buy Samurai swords before the become illegal !!

Also knives Cross Bows etc.#

Bob

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 08:01:49 pm »

You guys crease me up!...  {-) {-) {-)

Here in the USA you can buy a shotgun, handgun and ammo at the local supermarket (Walmart, Walgreens, etc)...

As a matter of interest, you can also buy Liquor at the same stores, its in the next isle...  ???

bigford

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 08:07:09 pm »

toes
  arent you glad you moved to the stated :D

barryfoote

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 08:08:26 pm »

Toesupwa,

Yes but I did 22 years at the sharp end of policing in Britain and never carried or needed a firearm.....Tells a story I think!! :police:

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 11:29:06 pm »

You can kill or main one person at a time with a crossbow or a hand gun but you can buy a bottle of whiskey at your local petrol station, drink it before you leave, drive off and kill a whole bus load of people in one go!
 I would bet you would get a lesser sentance for that than you would for using either of the other two forms of destruction.

bigfella

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 01:09:15 pm »

Toes

I have said it before on the forum but I will repeat it. I think you would agree that it is the scary constitution in the USA that no one will ever change. I have the right to bear arms. I know it is all part of the constitution and the second amendment or some such but it was written in times when America was fighting for Independence.  The enemy was Britain and every American was asked to stand up for the freedom of the country. Times have changed and so should the amendment and such weapons should not be freely available. Here in Australia after the Port Arthur massacre where a nutter murdered 35 people with a whole arsenal of weapons. We had a buy back of all automatic or semi automatic weapons including shot guns. The laws were toughened on obtaining a gun licence. However some nutters still have stock piles of weapons and will never give them up because they are those survivalists and when the big one goes off they will be ready. What a joke.

Rant over

Regards David

hopeitfloats

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 01:17:57 pm »

its the opposite here. just today a person was fined $3000 and his rifles confiscated for firing a warning shot at a burglar - unfortunately he missed him.  and i wouldnt be surprised if our legal system would award compensation to the burglar for stress suffered. dont laugh. it wouldnt be the first time its happened.

bigfella

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 01:31:35 pm »

its the opposite here. just today a person was fined $3000 and his rifles confiscated for firing a warning shot at a burglar - unfortunately he missed him.  and i wouldnt be surprised if our legal system would award compensation to the burglar for stress suffered. dont laugh. it wouldnt be the first time its happened.

Yes it is an upside down world where the person defending his home from an intruder has less rights than the criminal who is braking into your house to do who knows what. It has also happened here in Australia where the home invader has successfully sued the home owner for damages after he caught the thief red handed and defended his home.

Regards David

hopeitfloats

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 01:42:34 pm »

yes. we  also had one a while back where a prisoner was awarded accident compensation payments when he injured himself trying to escape from prison.

bigfella

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 01:50:43 pm »

Hopeitfloats

I think that both our legal systems are going by the way of the softly softly approach of the civil libertarians. No time inside for the crime, lets just send them to a counselor and find out if they had a bad child hood.

Regards David

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 06:51:53 pm »

toes
  arent you glad you moved to the states :D

Yup...

I doubled my monies from a house sale in GB..
Gas at $4.00 a gallon (2 GB Pounds)
Tax at 8%...

.. oh, and a wife (that likes boating)  O0

bigford

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 09:19:47 pm »

i think this is the best part

oh, and a wife (that likes boating)    O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.