Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Our First Build  (Read 17030 times)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: Our First Build
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2008, 10:26:20 pm »

Hello.
I would love to see just what I did wrong. It all happend so fast I'm not 100% sure what I did. Can you e mail it to me? Or would it be possible to send me a copy?
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

gaznjant

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2008, 10:29:59 pm »

i will email it you bill.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2008, 10:36:23 pm »

I can't wait to see were it all went wrong. Been making  12volt TX &RX charger unit tonight so I charge them up over night on a weekend run. O0
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2008, 11:46:20 pm »

...  martin that hull looks the monkeys nuts !!! like the shape.. have you had that in the water yet ???
Hi mate its not mine thats one a mate made from some free woody plans, he made it into a plug and made a glass version hes sold a handfull and reckons they run great.Having built a wooden version myself i can confirm the design is good,he has made a number of changes but the ride surface it still the same.Very fast hulls with a zen 50+ ,this is his first attempt at a boat from glass although he has experience with it .As you can see its absoluteley flawless.Hes making me one just as soon as funds allow but my money is tied up on my new venture  ;) ,shipping is the stumbling block but ill let you know when i find out how much.
Mart
ps ill post a vid of it when he gets one made  ;)

OMK

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2008, 12:43:43 am »

Mart,

Nice photos, man.
Check the backdrop antenna/mast in photo 'hemi vee 2'.

You got some nice views from your back garden -- wherever you are.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2008, 01:01:09 am »

Lol not my back garden im in not so sunny blackpool  :(.id swap that weather and the mast for the crappy weather we are having here any day  ;).
Mart

gaznjant

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2008, 06:08:35 pm »

hd the spray cans out ! still got a way to go but looking like a speedy boat now

tmbc

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2008, 07:46:37 pm »

loookin good !

GaryM

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2008, 12:39:01 am »

She looks lovely, fast and mean! O0

regards
Gary :)

gaznjant

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2008, 09:19:49 am »

not sure on the lid yet. havent sprayed that yet as we dont really want to do it black. thinking that flame red eith fire may look better and it would be more visible. thanks for the comments guys . we are going to start putting it back together later today when i get home from work

gaznjant

« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2008, 08:18:02 pm »

hit a bit of a snag guys... throttle lever is working fine on the spring but how do i then get that to the servo to push n pull it ? if you look on the engine pic i put in earlier the bar that comes down from the accelerator sticks so ive had to take it off. is there something i can get that works better so it wont stick ?

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2008, 09:46:51 pm »

Hi
I have allways used Plastic type boden cable. I use a linkage arm fitted to the crab on the output side of the engine.
I wish my old laptop was able to take the pics from my Camara so II could show you.

gaznjant

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2008, 09:50:17 pm »

thanks bill really at a loss at the moment to know what to do with it

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2008, 10:36:51 pm »

You either need to rig a bellcrank system up on the other side of the carb as Bill says or use a bowden cable or steel cable,remove those rods and attach a  cable but the cable needs to be fixed to a bracket so it will push and pull,or you can use a combination of a bellcrank and a cable  ;).I know one guy who uses braid the type they use for fishing and he swears by it it only needs to pull as the spring on the carb should close the throttle on its own when pressure is taken off ,i personally would use a bowden cable or steel cable its quick and simple and cheap.A bike brake cable is all it is ,dave sells them.you can use the linkages you allready have on the carb to attach it same as with the rods,dubro make those and dave also has them to save on soldering  ;D.
Mart
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THROTTLE-CABLE-LINKAGE-rc-model-boat-carb_W0QQitemZ360070637586QQihZ023QQcategoryZ2564QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

rl1

http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/hdwraccs.htm

gaznjant

« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2008, 11:25:13 pm »

cheers mart. if you have a pic anywhere of the set up . that would help loads... or know of a link where they show pics of how to set it up. i been trawling the net tonight to no avail.........

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2008, 05:59:29 pm »

Heres a cpl with the belcrank you can use pushrods or cables to pull end push them.you can also use nylon snakes off planes to do the same job as Bill said,i dont use a bellcrank just a cable direct to the carb arm or even to the butterfly as on yours.The third pic is mine i made the arm from a plug pin ,i drilled it to fit on the carb the set screw was allready on the pin  ;) just attach a pushrod connector through the pin after drilling a small hole,i needed to file the pin a tad thinner but its brass so its easy to do.Then slide the cable into the connector, then i fixed the cable sheath to the mounts and thats it just run it to your servo and it works great.
Mart

gaznjant

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2008, 07:56:03 pm »

mart. many thanks for your time and effort with the pics !!! its very much appretiated. it looks alot clearer now i can see the set up instead of trying to imagine it and work out where to drill and set the rods. i have been talking nicely to the engine and i have posted a pic of what i have come up with. it seems to work and its pretty much what you have in the last pic. as you can see i have used the push rods i found in my shed that i bought months ago

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2008, 08:50:52 pm »

Hi Gaz
Here's another tip for you. Move the gray HT coil up to the top. Use one off the bolt holes on the Second red coil to fix it down. if you leave it where it is it get covered in fuel, water, and just about all the things that is not good for it.
I have posted your video clip today on Youtube. If you look up "D203 Weymouth"

gaznjant

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2008, 09:11:13 pm »

something like this bill ??? do i need to do anything to the top screw hole ?? ie earth it or anything ?

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2008, 09:48:45 pm »

Yes thats what I ment, Well done. Yes run a wire with a crimp on each end one the the coil end and the other to the other bolt.
Just trying to track down a camp site for the Modelmayhem weekend in Wales

gaznjant

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2008, 10:03:23 pm »

understanding the bolt end but not yhe coil ??? you mean run a wire from that top bolt and other end to the engine mounting ?

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2008, 10:09:55 pm »

OK Top of the gery coil to earth sould do the trick

gaznjant

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2008, 10:11:04 pm »

got that ...thanks bill .. i will clamp it to the engine mounts when i put it back in tmrw ! nice one  ( or can i put the wire to one of the screw holes i took that grey coil from and secure it there >?

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2008, 10:18:14 pm »

Many an Zen has come to a hault because coil has sat it the water, fuel, etc
This way it is all keep't up as high as it can. Have a look at the Gray coil, they sometime have a small vent hole in them. 1mm hole. If it has then plug it up with a bit of sealant. Agian this will save the coil when it gose under water if you roll it.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2008, 10:30:48 pm »

Just make a bracket for the coil and mount it to the motor so you dont need a ground wire  O0,my mounts have a relocation bracket built in but it wouldnt be hard to make one.Where you have it now is fine but rather than make a ground wire id make a bracket so you can mount it across the two bolts in that pic rather than just the one.
Mart
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.