Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our First Build  (Read 17018 times)

gaznjant

Re: Our First Build
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2008, 06:50:50 pm »

ok . i think i have everything in order. all mounted and i have a spark !! (good sign) everything fits and from the pics i hope it shows its well balanced (with no extra weight). can anyone see what else i need apart from the electrics put in which i will be doing tmrw... ::) :-\

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2008, 07:01:45 pm »

Looks very nice mate,get some floatation in there mate right way up front and down sides,i use pool noodles the long tubular floats £1 from poundshop  O0,dont forget to grease your flex shaft,mix 16/1 ratio synthetic oil for the motor and have fun  ;).Are your water lines silicone? they look plastic or pvc if so they will melt in 5 mins also one thing i see is your antenna wire reroute it as its very close to the pipe which could be a problem if it touches when been bounced arround at 40 mph.Dont forget to run the motor in if its new,i run a full tank through at mid throttle with short bursts now and again,after 5 mins running bring her in let her cool down fully then restart and run for a few more mins then do same again.Once thats done just run her but dont go full throttle till second or even 3rd tank,this is my method for running in others may differ but i like my motors to last  ;).
Mart

gaznjant

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2008, 07:03:57 pm »

ive filled the front of the boat with expanding foam . its all right behind the fuel tank. when ive got the electrics in im gonna then fix the floaty dont do a titanic plz stuff O0

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2008, 07:11:04 pm »

ive filled the front of the boat with expanding foam . its all right behind the fuel tank. when ive got the electrics in im gonna then fix the floaty dont do a titanic plz stuff O0
That could have been a problem as that stuff has a habit of keeping expanding and can blow boats apart  :o,you will need floatation down sides or the boat will bob like a top if it flips which makes it hard to recover if like me you use a tennis ball on the end of your fishing line ;).
Mart

gaznjant

« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2008, 07:18:45 pm »

i havent set the wires yet so they just there. the water pipes from b n q  :-\ ??? this not the right stuff to get ?? i do have some black pipe i picked up from our local motoerbike shop ....that be better ? yes its a shiny new engine and the expanding foam i made sure didnt quite reach the sides. lids all got foam epoxied inside and that floats a treat. will show the finished deal before i even dream of taking it near the sea just to make sure its all in order

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2008, 10:23:54 pm »

You need to ditch that tubing and buy some high temp silicone tubing it needs to be big bore tubing its bigger than the silicone fuel line internally,Dave has it in stock,The black tube you mention if its radiator hose may work but im not 100% ,either way best to use silicone as pvc from b&q will melt and your motor will cook and then you can kiss it goodbye most likeley  :o.
Mart
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WATERCOOLING-silicone-tube-rc-model-boat-2-mtrs-tubing_W0QQitemZ180267805240QQihZ008QQcategoryZ2564QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

gaznjant

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2008, 10:36:39 pm »

jeez i just ordered trim tabs n everythin from dave ...gonna mail him now

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2008, 01:08:35 am »

No need for trim tabs just turn fins  ;).
Mart

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2008, 08:39:58 am »

Hi Gaz
If you take your self off to Pluming center You can buy silecon tubing which is uesed for  U tubes gas testing. It is about £5.50 for 2 meters. I use it all the time for all my water cooling pipes.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2008, 09:40:27 am »

Bill hows it hold up mate had any issues with it at all?,some silicone is not as good as the stuff Dave sells apparently,i have some used for aquariums it is silicone and its held up ok but it does get soft with heat so i do use small zip ties on the ends over the nipples,might get some from Dave as he reckons it doesnt get affected at all.Better safe than sorry i guess  ;),mind you i have over 180 mtrs of this stuff  {-).
Mart

andyn

« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2008, 09:55:09 am »

This is what happens if you use expanding foam...

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2008, 10:15:53 am »

Hi Andy
Where was you on Sunday?
Martin. I have not had one prob with the silcon tube. Found the company  try  www.regin.co.uk Type in REGU68 for the product code number
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

ids987

« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2008, 01:01:28 pm »

Hello.
I would love to see just what I did wrong. It all happend so fast I'm not 100% sure what I did. Can you e mail it to me? Or would it be possible to send me a copy?
Alright Mate,

I know videos can be deceptive, but it doesn't look (to me at least) like you did anything much wrong. I doubt you even saw his boat before it appeared in front of you.
Looks like the other fella overtook you - then went wide round and past the buoy. You kept in the "racing lane" - fairly tight to the buoy, so you almost caught him up again going round the buoy. I'd guess he tried to come back in - thinking he was miles in front of you, but ended up coming right across/into your line. Did the other boat spin as well before you hit it ? - hard to tell on the video.
Again - only my impressions from seeing the video. I guess I shouldn't comment having not seen it first hand......

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2008, 02:33:40 pm »

Hi Ian
The boat belonged to MR J Smith.  He didn't leave me any room to go anyware.  That stoped my boat, when i got it back in the pits it had taken a fair bit of water onboard. This is what killed it. I put the TX down behind me, tiped the boat over my head to empty it as fast as i could and guess what all over the TX. That did put a stop to my racing.  It is all washed and dryed out now. The new pipe & engine is working fine.  I was out Sunday with it. It has inproved the top end speed.

andyn

« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2008, 03:29:02 pm »

I was at Farnborough, said I would be going but didn't know which day. http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=6679.40

Today I got the ACTion Micro Diesel sound unit I was talking about, on the back of the parcel there was a sticker for the international boat show, November 7th- 9th. Fancy a trip up there?

You up tomorrow? shall bring the hellcat with newly-epoxied tube and sound system  O0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.