Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Humbrol paint shade  (Read 2510 times)

John 6289

Humbrol paint shade
« on: September 06, 2006, 08:28:51 pm »

Could anyone suggest which shade of Humbrol enamel paint best matches the buff/tan/yellow colour which was used on the masts, derricks, funnels, etc of many Merchant ships?

Thanks     John

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Humbrol paint shade
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 08:52:04 pm »

Get you Humbrol quickly as Heller/Airfix/Humbrol have gone bust! Everyone is panick buying all the paints up at my local model shop, so get in before it's all too late!!!

John 6289

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 08:29:50 am »

So when did this happen? All their websites look healthy enough, does this mean the end of the plastic kits (no more paints is bad enough!)
                                                                                                      A sad day indeed.

John

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 08:43:52 am »

My local model shop said heller which produces Humbrol paints was the first to go two or three weeks ago, and in fridays Sun newspaper it had a piece on ''Airfix gone bust article''. The latest story if at all true is that Hornby have bought them out, but i was on the understanding that Hornby was having a tough time too??? So my advice to you is to get them while you can, as there is no re-supply of Humbrol paints, not good if you have already done half your boat like i have. There is the option of Revell paints, but i find these dont brush very and are way to thick in viscosity.

ambernblu

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 08:51:44 am »

... my money's still on Hornby - I know they have had a major acquisition recently with the buy out and redevelopment of the Lima (and associated) ranges, but the Humbrol/Airfix business isn't just models and paints - its infinitely more valuable than that.

Even so, as Wayne and others have suggested - overstock now on the stuff you need - there may be a long wait for the next tins to appear!  ;D

chromedome

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 09:56:10 am »

number 24.

chromedome

maninthestreet

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 04:09:22 pm »

How could you have missed this news? It was all over the newpapers, radio and tv. Here's the thread I started last week when the news first broke:

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1316.0

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 01:07:05 am »

Pity, end of numerous generations interest/use... maybe a brave Co. will take it on... I hope?

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 01:18:38 am »

That's the way it's all going these days, and it's getting harder and harder to sell things too!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.