Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Airbrush  (Read 9389 times)

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
Re: Airbrush
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 02:44:55 pm »

I use my full sized compressor with the reducer fitting for the airbrush, But my shed is pretty big and we are just out of town so we can make all the noise we like...

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

Doc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2006, 02:47:23 pm »

Bob,
'Tanning'?  Really?  As in a 'sun tan' kind'a thing?  What'a'ya know, never thought of that.  I originally got the idea for an airbrush from seeing some of the 'body painting' done.  Thought I'd REALLY like doing that!  Found out that using an airbrush wasn't as easy as it looked, so decided to do 'body painting' with finger paint instead.  Not much demand for it around here, but I'm certainly ready!
 - 'Doc
 :-\

(I also realize that this is sort of off topic so I'll quit.)

Stavros

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2006, 11:13:23 pm »

Just a thought go down to Argos and buy the compressor and nail gun they sell for around £80 Good value for money and ideal for an airbrush,got one and it copes with a develbis JGA professional gun well enough to spray a 48ins yaught

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 11:34:00 am »

Much cheaper than cans.
Pays for itself very quickly.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2006, 01:10:57 pm »

Stavros

what do you do with the nail gun, nail the hull to the bench for easier painting...

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

Stavros

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2006, 06:17:41 pm »

Came in very handy to repair some chairs etc and to fire at the speeding bloody bikers passing my house

colin-stevens

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2006, 08:25:57 pm »

tip. dig in to youre hanbag, borrow the make up mirror. mix youre paint. let a dribble drip onto the mirror. if it runs smoothly you are all but there. if you have a pressure valve then this can be altered depending on what you is splaying.lots of pressure then the thicker the paint, less pressure means thinner paint.
the key is practice, practise and experiment. there is no right or wrong, what works for you may not for someone else. incidentlly i use Tamyia a lot, no problem.
have fun
colin
grumpy old XXX

Roger in France

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2006, 05:12:20 pm »

I agree that "wet air" is a no no. So is noise. The advantage of a medium or larger storage vessel is that once full the motor (the source of the noise) stops.

In my new, enlarged workshop I have created a small, "clean room" with a homemade sprayhood and extractor fan. The compressor and tank are in the main workshop and the air passes through a hose which is sealed into the partition.

I know a "clean room" is a luxury but I can keep my radio gear and other delicate stuff in there. It will also provide a nice warm hide in the winter. Having no windows and a solid door means, "What? No, I didn't hear you call, dear".

Roger in France.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 23 queries.