Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone converting a Tamiya Enterprise  (Read 2233 times)

uboatbuilder

• Full Mayhemer
Anyone converting a Tamiya Enterprise
« on: July 30, 2006, 10:59:42 am »

Anyone wanting any info I will be happy to help as i have built one and runs beautifully if i may say so myself, also done tamiya bismark, tirpitz, yamato, musashi, new jersey, pt-15. WARNING gearboxes have been removed from the kits.

Daryl

Re: Anyone converting a Tamiya Enterprise
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 09:50:00 pm »

Hi how did you get on with the COG on the Enterprise, I have seen 3, one with a 8oz brass keel 6 inches long 2 inches below the hull, one with a fixed keel and the other with extended bilge keels. I have the CC Lee version and was wondering how stable I could get it without keels etc.

why did you remove the gearboxes?

Regards
Daryl

uboatbuilder

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 06:03:29 pm »

HI Daryl, I didnt remove the gearboxes Tamiya have fairly recently. Luckily I bought the kits long before they removed them. However the Enterprise never came with a gearbox I used one from the tirpitz kit. the COG is fine without a keel provided you run at a scale speed (which is quite slow), and so long as there arent very strong winds which luckily at our lake isnt much of a problem. A keel would probably stop any pitching but I havent tried because i am happy with the way it performs and i think that they ruin the appearance.

You can see pictures of it in the sales section. its an old ebay listing from voyager, he used the pictures to show how the kit could look when built.

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 07:24:03 pm »

Not mine, but dad's. No gear box, twin screws/rudders.

[Too Large - attachment deleted by admin]

Daryl

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 09:50:11 pm »

Hi Uboatman,

The gearbox that came with mine is two pieces of tin bent at a right angle with some cogs slopping about in the middle. i havn't tried it yet but it does look a bit noisey and lots of play in it.

regards
Daryl

uboatbuilder

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 11:37:16 am »

HI Daryl. Sounds like a similar if not the same gearbox as mine, they can be quite noisy until you run them a few times and they get a bit better, running at a scale speed and keeping them oiled helps keep the noise down. Every now and then I just put a couple of drops of normal 3 in 1 oil in.

Daryl

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 12:47:47 pm »

thanks I'll try that before i bin it.

Daryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.