Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: SPEEDING TICKET  (Read 5102 times)

Garabaldy

Re: SPEEDING TICKET
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 11:12:46 pm »

in reference to the post about police having to make up "quotas" for chages on offenses.  A very wise man named greg roberts said "no sane man believes in the british justice system"

Im loosing faith in it.  Quotas are things manufacturers are supposed to live up to not police officers.  Surely if a police officer is making less arrests things are looking good?  But then i suppose if the police are making less arrests they will recieve less money from the govournment and all the spin off effects from that etc..

GaryM

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2008, 12:20:21 am »

There are "average speed" cameras on the motorways in the UK as well, I was on the M1, M62 and M18 today and all have this system.
Playing the devil's advocate - we can all "beat" this system - just stick to the limit! ;D ;D ;D

regards
Gary :)

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2008, 10:16:39 pm »

Roger, can you still drive a 'sans permis' when you've lost your licence? 26mph is still better than walking!
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.

Roger in France

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 06:18:54 am »

Jonty,

Yes you can!

For those unfamiliar with the concept of a "sans permis", this is a tiny car, of restricted engine size and speed which can be driven without a driving licence or without a registration plate. They are also known as a "voiturette". To get some idea of size think of a Nissan Micro and divide by two! An old guy near here still drives one with a single cylinder, you can here it coming and going from a vast distance. Modern design has much improved their looks. They are sold in quite large quantities. We have a local sales place that sells nothing else.

I would imagine they are peculiar to rural places and appear to be favoured by the elderly and the disabled.

Roger in France.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.