Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: canadian gp  (Read 4833 times)

hopeitfloats

canadian gp
« on: June 09, 2008, 09:21:41 am »

finally a race worth getting up for. its good not to see the usual procession at the finish. may there be many more. and the old man DC finally got on the podium again.

nhp651

Re: canadian gp
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 03:08:53 pm »

boy oh boy, I bet Lewis felt a pratt of the first order. need to look at his highway code for stopping distances! :D {-) ;D

das boot

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 03:45:06 pm »

Ah, but did you  watch the IOM TT and the MotoGP before? Now that's racing...

Cheers,

Rich

nhp651

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 04:09:31 pm »

I certainly did, Rich, as I have been a motorcycling fanatic since my first visit to the IOM in 1966.
My finest hour was on June 3rd, 1978, the day Mike the Bike made his comeback to the island( i had seen him the previous 2 years in Oz and NZ racing at the castrol 6 hour race at Bathurst) and others, and just had to come home to watch him.
It was my birthday that day, and what a present he gave me and god knows how many other spectators with his win.
I was sat on the hill looking down towards the bungalow and the tram crossing as he swept by, and the whole of the mountain seemed to rumble as hundreds, if not thousands of spectators rose to their feet and cheered and clapped as he put the power on.
A DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET AS LONG AS I BREATHE BREATH.
Did I watch the TT. certainly did! O0 ;D

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 05:20:24 pm »

Finally I qualify as a F1 driver... I've driven up the tail of a car at a red light loads of times!!!   {-) {-) {-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 05:54:23 pm »

Interesting though as it shows what use the brakes are after 8 seconds cooling down at low speeds!

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 08:00:15 pm »

And much do you get paid Martin. {-) {-) {-)

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 08:24:09 pm »

Why were the cars he hit stopped??
And will the one that ran into the back of Lewis get a penalty

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 08:31:39 pm »

Why were the cars he hit stopped??
And will the one that ran into the back of Lewis get a penalty

The cars where stooped till the cars behind the safety car have parsed the pit exit, and yes the Williams drive got a 10 place penalty as well , but Kimi did not not the week before for punting someone off from behind, and didn't his attitude change after he spoke to the team from a "racing accident" to he is an idiot

Hs 93

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 10:51:05 pm »

Yes but in Kim's favour Monaco probably was a genuine mistake - In Montreal there was a bl**dy great red light to show the pit lane exit was closed, which was why the others had stopped. The boy Lewis (whom I greatly admire and respect) didn't look out for the red light, as he should have done knowing the SC was out. Nice to know he's human, though.

das boot

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 04:29:35 am »

I certainly did, Rich, as I have been a motorcycling fanatic since my first visit to the IOM in 1966.
My finest hour was on June 3rd, 1978, the day Mike the Bike made his comeback to the island( i had seen him the previous 2 years in Oz and NZ racing at the castrol 6 hour race at Bathurst) and others, and just had to come home to watch him.
It was my birthday that day, and what a present he gave me and god knows how many other spectators with his win.
I was sat on the hill looking down towards the bungalow and the tram crossing as he swept by, and the whole of the mountain seemed to rumble as hundreds, if not thousands of spectators rose to their feet and cheered and clapped as he put the power on.
A DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET AS LONG AS I BREATHE BREATH.
Did I watch the TT. certainly did! O0 ;D

Ah...Mike the Bike. What a rider...I saw him at Brands on the 250 Honda 6[I think I'm right]what a machine, the noise from all those exhausts as he came past us flat out...wonderful.
I've never been to the IOM, it's one place I've always promised myself I'd go. One day...

I envy you....

Cheers,

Rich

hopeitfloats

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 10:30:06 am »

sorry rich. i dont follow the bikes but i do follow Indy Racing as well as F1 ;D now that produces close finishing races. more pitstops and tactical moves than F1.  i would strongly suggest watching it if its shown in the UK.       

craig

nhp651

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 12:44:42 pm »

Craig, if it's anything like Nascar round an oval track, it's the best thing for insomnia {-) :D
I fall asleep every time Nascar is shown on british tv.
The best racing I have ever seen (cars that is) is from your hemisphere and thats the Bathurst 1000 kilometre race round october time in Bathurst, NSW OZ.saw it twice whilst I was out there in the late 70's and have never seen such fantastic racing before or since.
Do they still televise it live out there?, as we get the merest 10 minute sniff of it out here in blitey.
I only wish they'd give it as much coverage as they do the b****y european footy championships, and we ain't even taking part in that this year. >>:-(

Robert Davies

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 01:10:20 pm »

In Hamilton's defence, could he actually see the red light at the critical time? Bearing in mind that you don't actually sit in an F1 car, but lie in it, Lewis' head would have been below Kimi's rear wing - also in the previous few seconds after setting off Lewis would have been busy with 'team' things - reset engine map, fuel computer etc.

Also, Kimi + Kubica had to stop pretty sharpish themselves, because the lights changed from blue 'proceed into traffic' to red - at which point Lewis may have been busy, or unsighted, as suggested above.

I've yet to see the accident from Lewis viewpoint - and probably never will, but there are more factors to this than 'didn't see the red light'.

-Rob

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 03:08:31 pm »

nhp651,

Yes mate Bathurst is still very much broadcast live here in Aus, and is very spectacular,
 but even more so now is the Aussie Race Cars from Bathurst, 400kilos with a 1200 motorcycle
motor and go lick the clappers, and as you know the track, can you imagine racing four
wide into the cutting, brilliant...................

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

das boot

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 03:44:16 pm »

I notice nobody has mentioned 'proper' bike racing...drag racing, Santa Pod style.

Serious fun comes in straight lines....

Cheers,

Rich

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 04:58:35 pm »

nhp651,

Yes mate Bathurst is still very much broadcast live here in Aus, and is very spectacular,
 but even more so now is the Aussie Race Cars from Bathurst, 400kilos with a 1200 motorcycle
motor and go lick the clappers, and as you know the track, can you imagine racing four
wide into the cutting, brilliant...................

Roy
Weird lot you geriatric bikers  ;)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

nhp651

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 06:55:14 pm »

cheers Roy.
the mountain circuit is awesome.I once rode a Yammy RD350 in race trim round the closed track as fast as I could, but still took me a couple of minuted more than the slowest of the cars do it. . this was in 1977 when a friend of a friend was at the track( can't honestly think how it happened to be organised now, but as I got the chance I took it.
It scared the crap out of me, and I was young foolish and reckless in those days.
I only wish they would televise it over here.
I'm sure it would be a wonderful viewing success.
Who sponsors it these days.
it was known as the Hardy Ferodo 1000 race when I was there.
Oh happy days.

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 02:03:54 pm »

nhp651,

It is now the Supercheap Autos Bathurst 1000, and strictly Ford versus Holden,
all 850 bhp............

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 02:28:56 pm »

I see Martin Brundle is being investigated by Of-com for his remarks to Bernie Ecclestone about the chaps laying the tarmack before the race, Itv  had already apologised.     :-X :-X :-X

nhp651

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 03:18:04 pm »

cheers, roy.
I emailed Motorsport SM last night about coverage, and they told me that for a subscription you can pick it up and all the rest of the Australian Touring car championship from a web site called     www.v8supercar.com.au     so if anyone is interested in viewing such a spectacle, I can assure you it's more exciting than all that we cover over here in the uk all rolled into one.
I shall definately be watching this october. :D

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 03:36:29 pm »

I see Martin Brundle is being investigated by Of-com for his remarks to Bernie Ecclestone about the chaps laying the tarmack before the race, Itv  had already apologised.     :-X :-X :-X

How offensive is the word 'pikey'? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7446274.stm
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 04:05:47 pm »

Ahhhhhhhhhh you said the "P" word ,  :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Hs 93 :D

nhp651

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 08:59:15 pm »

until reading it on this forum, I didn't even know the term existed, and I have mixed with some rough diamonds from the fishing world in my years of upbringing and drinking in Fleetwood.
what will the world do next in it's quest for total political correctness.
I won't be able to open my gob in future without having to appologise for what might come out, ( or can't I say gob for offending some dessert dweller somewhere?
The wold has gon MAD! >>:-( {-)

omra85

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 10:58:02 pm »

If you can't say "g*b" you can always say "salivatorily challenged" (unless you've had a drink) -
from the verb "to g*b" meaning expectorate explosively!
  :D :D
Danny
as long as we have the English language - they'll never beat us!

MB should have described them as "peg sellers" - that's PC isn't it?  :o {-) {-)
and is Lewis a "behind basher"??
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 23 queries.