Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Dave's WTC's  (Read 9002 times)

ambernblu

Re: Big Dave's WTC's
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2006, 11:00:59 am »

..... Hey, I've been there before Bob, doesn't scare me none (but the pics may though!)

Anyway, have been enjoying my 'new life' for 15 years now - and let me tell you - its magic! Only trouble is I have this recurring feeling of having gone deaf.... ;D

Cheers, Brian

magpie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Subs Rock
    • magpieyachts
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2006, 02:40:39 am »

I got a couple of WTC kits from BD too. Very good service from the man. I’m doing one for my 1/72 Blueback and 1/108 LA that will share it. The other is for my Steve Neill Washington that is still on it’s way. Here’s wat I’ve done so far if anyone’s interested. I’m using a Subtech motor and belt drive on the BB/LA one with APC and a Subtech 2 way switch and valve for the ait pump. I got the BD supplied bladders and pumps. It’s coming together nicely I think. Hope it works!

25-Aug 06
I test assembled the WTC today after drilling and bonding the caps last night. It’s a bit different to the standard kit layout in that I’m using a Subtech switch and clippard valve. I mounted the receiver in the central tube instead of the rear one. The Li-poly battery will be mounted flat in the front tube as it's a bit bigger than Dave's in length and won't fit up against the front cap. I put the air hose outlet  in the front instead of having it go through the back cap and back out again at the top. This way I only need to seal one exit point and it gives me a bit more room. My apc is stickyback taped to a servo and the SSS switch for the pump is on the back of the receiver which fits nicely in the middle tube where I can easily get to it and see what crystal it has through the lexan. I'm putting the power switch bolts through the upper back of the front cap as I'd need to remove the whole WTC to access them if they were on the front or put a hatch in the fore deck etc. There's room for them there so it's cool.

This is a prop guard I made that clips on and off. It’s a precaution for when I’m learning to drive her and for my Scope guys who may back her into the bricks!

29 Aug 06
I still haven't received the battery for her yet, but put a 100gram lead bar in the battery bay and trimmed her in the dog bath with foam and lead. She'll start her sea trialls with her decks awash at full flood to save losing her before I get her sorted out. I'll add more lead later on.
This is her on patrol.

"Where's the sub gone?"
http://magpieyachts.com

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2006, 10:44:41 am »

It looks like SUB zero conditions in your workshop, just look at all that snow :D

magpie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Subs Rock
    • magpieyachts
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2006, 12:47:03 pm »

Yes I must get the roof fixed! :D
"Where's the sub gone?"
http://magpieyachts.com

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2006, 11:08:26 pm »

Ok so who is "BIG DAVE" ???????? Peter

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2006, 03:45:56 am »

If anybody requires pics of the David Welsh WTC pm me and I will send all I have, they are quite informative..
Mine works perfectly and it was not very hard to put it together the pics and instructions are clear and concise..

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

ambernblu

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2006, 08:15:48 am »

... hi HS93. You've probably gathered that Big Dave is Dave Welsh in the USA - his website is :

http://www.frontiernet.net/~bwelch/

I'm just waiting the e-mail from him to say there's a WTC ready for my Revell Mk VIIc U-Boat kit.
By all accounts it is sooooo simple to install! Oh yeah, until I get my hands on it then...!!  ;D

Cheers, Brian
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.