Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe U47 build  (Read 3059 times)

jono

Robbe U47 build
« on: June 09, 2008, 11:16:34 am »

Hi, im at stage 4 aft hull section when i mate up aft section to middle section on the bench i have a good fit between the two.
When i place the jig W (shaft template) in position a gap of approx. 2-3mm opens up at bottom of joint. Should i trim centre/rear
sections to fit or can i carry on without using the jig.  :-\

bbdave

Re: Robbe U47 build
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 11:03:45 pm »

Hi Jono you may be better to ask your question in the sub build section some very clever chaps there. I built the u47 and thought it was a bl#*$y awfull kit nothing seemed to marry very acurately at all to many variables so i just went by eye myself.

Dave

das boot

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 07:21:41 pm »

Hi, im at stage 4 aft hull section when i mate up aft section to middle section on the bench i have a good fit between the two.
When i place the jig W (shaft template) in position a gap of approx. 2-3mm opens up at bottom of joint. Should i trim centre/rear
sections to fit or can i carry on without using the jig.  :-\
Hi Jono you may be better to ask your question in the sub build section some very clever chaps there. I built the u47 and thought it was a bl#*$y awfull kit nothing seemed to marry very acurately at all to many variables so i just went by eye myself.

Dave

Sorry to nick your thread guys, but I wonder if either of you could tell me the measurements of the radio box in the U-47 please?

Cheers,

Rich

Sub driver

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 06:03:58 pm »

Jono.

Forgive me for asking but if I have read your post correctly

I take it you have tightened up the front tightening bolt fastening the internal tray into the pressure hull before placeing the template on the prop shafts ????

If not then it will open up as you are effectively bending the sub by jacking up the rear end, this will open up the joint if it is not tightened up.

I did not have any issues with fitting of parts on my build.     

jono

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 10:58:54 pm »

Sorry i have not got that far yet, still assembling rear hull section & checking the fit with centre section. The fit looks good
until i place the jig at rear end as instructed in the manual, then a gap appears at the bottom of the join. Wondering if
i can carry on without using the jig. :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.