Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time watch :- The iron coffin  (Read 1456 times)

botchit

Time watch :- The iron coffin
« on: June 10, 2008, 12:18:48 pm »

Did anyone see this on BBC2 was about the monitor and trying to trace one of the crews ancestors  he was one of the 16 that drowned. It seemed strange that a vessel that could withstand a four hour barrage from a forty gunner iron clad would become a victim of the weather.The crew man they think was a Scot from Aerbroath that had been shipwrecked 18 month previous and then signed aboard the monitor. Another one to watch was Myth busters about vortex's and under tows created by sinking vessels they used a pool in which he sat on weights with a hydrometer which were then let go he went down as though he was superglued to them yet when they sank a 6 ton boat he never went under any theories anyone. It was meant to prove a large vessel going under wouldn;t take you with it and dispel the it would as a myth.Wheres uncle Albert when you want him.
Botchit

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Time watch :- The iron coffin
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 01:47:06 pm »

Hi Botchit , When was it on?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

botchit

Re: Time watch :- The iron coffin
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 02:11:02 pm »

This Morning Martin just after 11am If you can BBC i on the computer you can catch up with it.The other about sinking vessels had a great deal more than i put to it and repeats on the discovery and other channels.
Regards Botchit
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.