Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you recommend?  (Read 2875 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
What do you recommend?
« on: May 31, 2008, 03:24:37 am »

Via email to Mayhem...

Hello,
Just the job, I have just taken delivery of one of the tug boats mentioned here but mine has work boat and super all over it, I bought mine from Howes £29.99 + p&p.
After charging the batteries I found that I had no rudder control although every thing else worked, mine is on the 27MHz band but what the actual frequency is I don't know.
I am intending to do a bit of extra detail work eg get rid of the crane, dingy etc and redo the handrails with finer plastic or brass, I might even get shot of the mast platforms.
With regard to near enough scale it might be I think about 1:48th ?? going by the lower deck hand rail being about 1Meter high.
I was thinking of keeping the original radio system but after reading your report and having  to take the deck off anyway to look at why the rudder isn't working not to mention having to unscrew the crane and boat from under the deck, I will give this more thought, In passing I am actually thinking about the 2.4GHz for other projects so I might fit gear to suit that, a speed controller and servo for the rudder,  what do you think ?
not  fussed about the water cannon, might refit lights with some on the mast, but then again. Did you have any thoughts on replacing the giant fender tyres.... I could fit them on my car!!!!
Anyway thanks for putting your info on the internet and thanks for reading this.
Gary.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: What do you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 09:19:49 am »

Gary your best bet is to rip out everything including the water ballast tank but leave the rudder, prop and shaft and the motor. Then put in new rudder servo, speed controller, 6v 4Ah SLA battery on its side where the ballast tank came out and new RC gear.   O0

My build if its any help.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8411.0
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.