Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electric Motors (Outrunners).  (Read 6449 times)

Bradley

Electric Motors (Outrunners).
« on: June 14, 2008, 09:32:17 pm »

I recently bought two Emax brushless outrunners via eBay and they were delivered from China (Macau) in less than 2 weeks.  I got these for my future build of a 1:12 RNLI Mersey after having seen the lifeboat at Wicksteed powered by 2 Emax BL4030/10 outrunners (very impressive).  Enclosed with the motors was a slip of paper saying - 'You can buy them here cheaper and more items.  http://bidproduct.com/part'.  They do a massive range of motors, ESCs, etc., but unfortunately all the prices are in Dollars (what sort of Dollars I am waiting to find out).  Anyone wanting electric motors this site is worth a look.   O0
Derek.   :police:

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Electric Motors (Outrunners).
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 10:37:24 pm »

Im into electric planes and this place in Hong Kong is very good. Goods delivered in a fortnight and the prices are excellent. Its mainly a flight site but the brushless motors, ESC's and lipos are well worth the savings.

https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBIES/store/uh_index.asp

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 10:48:47 pm »

the shop has no contact info at all that you show. I would steer clear personly , but I have delt with http://toys.search.ebay.com.au/_Radio-Control_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfrppZ25QQsacatZ2562QQsassZrevolutionshop  on ebay and a few otheres have on hear also
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Dinball_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZQ2d999QQftidZ2QQtZkm  for good bearings and batteries, boath are very quick I did have some stuff of on of them in under five days  !!!  and its good stuff  lifeboat paul uses these on his boat

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Turborix-AE-50A-Bi-directional-Brushless-Motor-ESC-AU_W0QQitemZ110224705337QQihZ001QQcategoryZ111887QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or maybee the 60A ones these come from AUS take about 8 days

Hs93

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 12:03:58 am »

the shop has no contact info at all that you show. I would steer clear personly Hs93

Er, sorry!? Did you not see the 'CONTACT' banner, FAQ's and support email address? This store is highly recommended on the RCM&E electric flight forum. I've used them and can vouch for the service I recieved.

In contrast, I'll never use fleabay again after twice having my card scammed. Fleabay seems full of scams and lord help you if you have a dispute!

I know where I'll prefer to place my orders, thanks.

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 12:18:40 am »

the shop has no contact info at all that you show. I would steer clear personly Hs93

Er, sorry!? Did you not see the 'CONTACT' banner, FAQ's and support email address? This store is highly recommended on the RCM&E electric flight forum. I've used them and can vouch for the service I recieved.

In contrast, I'll never use fleabay again after twice having my card scammed. Fleabay seems full of scams and lord help you if you have a dispute!

I know where I'll prefer to place my orders, thanks.

I was replying to the original post not to you , whats with the aggression ?????  on the original post it shows a web address that has no contact info ....

Hs 93

Stavros

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 12:28:58 am »

Oh come on lads nicely nicely does it,let's not argue,  it will only lead to tears

Stavros

Bradley

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 08:59:45 am »

I was only trying to be helpful, but I give up - it is not worth the hassle that comes back from certain members.  :'(  I use eBay (or fleabay as some people prefer) sensibly and pay via PayPal and have had no problems - you speak as you find (honestly, I hope).  O0

Robert Davies

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 11:28:29 am »

Derek,

What speed controllers are you going to use? Do they have reverse?

Regards,

-Rob

Bradley

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 12:12:29 pm »

Rob,
I haven't got the speed controllers yet but if you have a look at the website I first mentioned (above) you can match speed controller to motor.  They do ESC's for aircraft and also FNR controllers for boats.
Regards,

Bradley

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 12:46:55 pm »

Just a little update.  The prices on the bidproduct website are in US Dollars.  As already mentioned, the lifeboat at the Mayhem weekend was running on Emax BL4030/10, but I don't know where he got them from apart from being on eBay.   :) O0

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 12:50:41 pm »

I copied the original post, here it is:

The boat is 52 " long , I have 75 mm props fitted, the two speed controllers are ones that I bought from eBay , the seller is called revolution shop, they cost £26.00 from china inc p+p , here is the spec from there eBay listing -Turborix Advance 50A Bi-directional Brushless Motor Speed Controller
(with forward and reverse motion control function)
Model Number : PESC0009
Specification: Current (A) : 50A
BEC : 3A
Neutral : FORWARD/BACKWARD RATIO SETTING: 70/30, 60/40, 50/50(default), 40/60, 30/70 
Size : 62.30mm x 29.15mm x 15.39mm
Suitable Battery :  LiPo (3-6 cells);NIHM (8-18 cells)
 Weight : 45g
 The motors are also from Ebay ( £26.00 inc p+p)-Brushless outrunner motor Emax BL4030 from the seller -hkp2ps2, they measure 40x30 mm and have a 6mm shaft.
Even though the spec for the speed controllers does not mention using lead acid batteries they work fine on it . I am using two 12v batteries in series delivering 24vollts to the controllers -1 volt over there limit so I have fitted a cooling an as they get hot and cut out on full power due to overheating.
How does it go then- IT IS EXTREAMLY FAST ,lifting right out of the water -very impresive !!!.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Bradley

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 01:50:42 pm »

The name for the eBay shop is - HK2PS(X)COM, and the largest outrunner they do, which is the BL4030/10, is now shown as £20.49 + £11.80 shipping.  The bidproduct website shows it as $55 (USD) but without actually buying one I do not know what the shipping cost would be.  I bought mine from kenson_lai on eBay but they were the size smaller motors and his name does not come up as an eBay shop
Derek.   :police:.

Robert Davies

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 07:53:48 pm »

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers Bob, for digging out that post for me

Cheers all the rest of you for your inputs.

I'll just be away to study some Chinglish.....

-Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.