Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Richelieu Battlecarrier 100th scale  (Read 2468 times)

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends
Richelieu Battlecarrier 100th scale
« on: June 22, 2008, 04:50:24 pm »

Okay here goes time for my biggest challenge yet to build (and complete) the French battleship Richelieu but with a difference im going to build her on a concept design that was scrapped and never put into effect using the Jean Bart / Richelieu as the basis for Battlecarriers.

heres the hull as it was nearly a year ago with my old schutze inside the hull to give a scale of how big she is.

I did say in a previous topic i wouldnt start posting the build until the motors and running gear are in so now i have them in the build process is in motion.

Now for the fun bit she is 8 foot 5 inch long with a beam of 13 inchs so she is a fair size, ive gone for Graupner speed 500e motors on SHG Marine 14inch long prop shafts which will eventually turn 5 blade 50mm brass props.

Ive got another topic for peoples questions and my own research into the battlecarrier as i would like to keep this topic just for my build log.

Jay
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends
Re: Richelieu Battlecarrier 100th scale
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 05:15:30 pm »

Running gear in, decks cut to shape and lined up ready to be fitted once i know how big the hole in the deck needs to be for access inside the hull.

Still need to cut the hole out for the second turret hole then fix things in place lightly before final sticking it down before i turn her turtle and rub the whole thing down.

1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

kiwi96

Re: Richelieu Battlecarrier 100th scale
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 12:03:49 pm »

Hi From NZ.
Am looking at your build with interest. I to am just finishing my hull on her in 1/96. Superstructure is also started. Will post some pics soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.