Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Royal Yacht  (Read 1920 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Royal Yacht
« on: June 18, 2008, 10:56:07 pm »

Here in the UK we are too poor to afford a Royal Yacht these days. Other countries think differently. Here is Denmarks's Dannebrog completed in 1932 and moored in Copenhagen.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Royal Yacht
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 03:09:48 am »

Nice photos of a nice ship, Colin - and it actually LOOKS like a yacht too.
Peter.

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:47:57 am »

Beautiful ship Colin.  I am going to see the Britannia in October but apprehensive as to how I will feel about seeing her laid up.  The last time I saw her she was sailing around the Carribean, flying the flag for the UK and demonstrating that we were still a major player in the world.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 08:56:24 pm »

Beautiful ship Colin.  I am going to see the Britannia in October but apprehensive as to how I will feel about seeing her laid up.  The last time I saw her she was sailing around the Carribean, flying the flag for the UK and demonstrating that we were still a major player in the world.
Were you invited? I only ask because my Captain at the time was. And he was one of those guys who was very hard to impress. But he was. Bored the pants of us who weren't there. The "Smiling Tiger" had met his match. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 09:46:03 am »

Were you invited? I only ask because my Captain at the time was. And he was one of those guys who was very hard to impress. But he was. Bored the pants of us who weren't there. The "Smiling Tiger" had met his match. BY.

I,m actually going on a train ride for the day which includes a tour of the Britannia at the end then back to Leeds.  So just a "Grand Day Out!"
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.