Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steve Irwin  (Read 2474 times)

maso

Steve Irwin
« on: June 13, 2008, 10:39:28 am »

I was wandering around Melbourne a couple of months ago and came across the anti whaling ship the Steve Irwin. After I gave a hefty donation I had a tour over the ship. It's awesome. If it wasn't for these people, well, who knows  O0

nhp651

Re: Steve Irwin
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 12:06:58 pm »

WShe's the old Scottish Fisheries Protection Vessel "Jura"
She and her sistership "westray" were very similar in design and build to the "island" class Royal Navy Fisheries protection ships such as Orkney, Shetland, Alderney etc.
Not very fast but good sea boats by all account.
Deans Marine do a small kit of them and Sirmar used to do a semi kit( don't know whether they still do) which I built one off years ago, and they sail very vell as a model, capable of taking some really rough weather.

offshore1987

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 05:35:38 pm »

Dang it swop the steve with Daniel  O0

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 12:37:37 am »

Photo 5 stunning. How do you get that effect?

maso

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 03:17:49 am »

Photo no 5 is HDR (high dynamic range). You take several photos, but change the exposure for each shot, so you might take the first photo at 2 stops under exposed, the second one, 1 stop under exposed, the next one will be correctly exposed, the 4th photo will be one stop over exposed and the last one will be 2 stops over exposed. then you use a program like photomatix pro to assemble them. The idea is to get exposures from the shadows through to the highlights. Just type in HDR to google and you will get a better description that i can explain. Here is a photo of an old Wessex helicopter I took at the Vietnam Vets museum at Philip Island, the first photo shows what it looked like with just a normal exposure, I took 5 photos, then used photomatix pro to create an HDR image.   

barryfoote

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 08:26:40 am »

That HDR image is amazing....Just got to get the program to to run it...Superb.

Barry

Stavros

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 12:02:50 pm »

you can create this effect with photoshop as well

Stavros

maso

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 11:31:40 am »

I have photoshop CS2, you can do it with that, not sure on other versions.
Go to File / Automate / Merge to HDR.
 O0

barryfoote

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 12:54:36 pm »

I have had a little play around with this HDr thingy with some success, however the finished image is over 37 megs in size and my picture resizer will not reduce it for some reason...I cannot therefore post it on the site.....Anyone got any ideas??

Barry

barryfoote

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 01:23:08 pm »

Success I think.....It was saved as a TIFF image so I have converted it to a jpeg and shrunk it so you should have the finished result below...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.